• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

...my first ever contact with Hawaii

17 Div on an HT...you ARE the man.

I’ve been saying for a couple weeks that Pacific has been open in the evenings...it just takes some intent listening when the band seems dead. I was happy to have a couple contacts with 201 div from N Carolina! No luck with 17, 172, 41 or 43...but I’m working it.

Those quiet nights are the first time ever I’ve found use for a preamp. It’s helped me pull in some weak stations when the QRM is down.

There are some guys in DR and Peurto Rico running barefoot Cobra 29's. Haven't heard from them in a while, be neat to catch them again.

Around 3:00P.M. or so, 407 and 490 from Jamaica were both dominating LSB 38 here. But they definitely could not hear each other. As propagation fluctuated, they kept taking turns walking on each other. One was in Montego Bay. I didn't catch what city the other one was in. Domestic skip was there, but it was much weaker than what it has been these last few days.

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Around 3:00P.M. or so, 407 and 490 from Jamaica were both dominating LSB 38 here. But they definitely could not hear each other. As propagation fluctuated, they kept taking turns walking on each other. One was in Montego Bay. I didn't catch what city the other one was in. Domestic skip was there, but it was much weaker than what it has been these last few days.
I heard them. I'm sure you really heard them. Yesterday was worse with blatant disregard for decent communication. I had to walk away. Got through to Jamaica and Georgia this afternoon. Some faint chatter sporadically since 22:00, but fades out.

Lots of contacts in Brazil Argentina Chile and one in Ecuador only 2nd contact in the 61 divison for me.

Argentina, Chile and Uruguay have really been booming in for me also. Brazil just about always is, though I’m hearing areas other than São Paulo lately. Nothing from Paraguay, Bolivia or Peru. I’ve managed a couple from 61 Div also...I too rarely hear them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.