• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

As usual, I turn the radio on and absolutely nothing. Which is almost nice while still being a let down. I don’t have to hear 47, 47, 47 tango charlie over and over again all while muffled.

Reactions: Rwb
As usual, I turn the radio on and absolutely nothing. Which is almost nice while still being a let down. I don’t have to hear 47, 47, 47 tango charlie over and over again all while muffled.
Haha I definitely heard some crazy talk today. I'm going to give it another round tomorrow. I'm hoping that it is as active as it was today so I can finish tweaking my setup. I got out far today, farther than I thought with my antenna. For some reason it got poor reviews on some sites but I had the SWR at a 1 to 1.5 and it was getting out there with no issues. I'm in Louisiana and a NC hand said I was coming in strong and clear.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
I’m in the north part of Texas bout 50 miles north west of Dallas. I go by 359 on the radio or 359 north Texas. I’m usually on 21 but I’ll hope down on 26.775 every now and then. And I know exactly where Abilene is

I’m in the north part of Texas bout 50 miles north west of Dallas. I go by 359 on the radio or 359 north Texas. I’m usually on 21 but I’ll hope down on 26.775 every now and then. And I know exactly where Abilene is
Roger that, I'll give you a shout on 21 tomorrow, it would be sic if we could reach out. I go by MUDD.

Haha I definitely heard some crazy talk today. I'm going to give it another round tomorrow. I'm hoping that it is as active as it was today so I can finish tweaking my setup. I got out far today, farther than I thought with my antenna. For some reason it got poor reviews on some sites but I had the SWR at a 1 to 1.5 and it was getting out there with no issues. I'm in Louisiana and a NC hand said I was coming in strong and clear.

Well the guy I’m referencing only lives about 2 miles or so from me. Somewhere here I posted a video of him bleeding ALL 40 channels and bleeding them from LSB also. Ridiculous. Next time he comes across my daughters walkie talkies I’ll be sure to video that also.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day in radio-land and I can finally get to try to make some contacts myself. Hopefully.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb
Dx has been booming since I came out to the shack around 7:30 am. We have a lot of rain around but thankfully few storms.

Reactions: S&W357
I took this photo about 8:20 pm Saturday night. Big Storm Cloud building up over my house. :eek:

Was all the encouragement I needed to start unplugging radio gear and disconnect coax outside the house from my antennas.
Everything is still unplugged but will reconnect again today...I think. o_O

View attachment 37581

View attachment 37582
today it storms aboutevery 30 minutes,no radios hooked up till those bad boys quit thunderin here

Reactions: S&W357
Im in the clear for now so im going to talk while I can. Its moving south east to north west. I have a few hours I think.
Mr Clean mopping things up on ch 17 hahaha
Screenshot_20200525-105725.png

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
Lots of prop with Florida and all along the gulf coast over the past few days.

Had another local pop up at the Cape Lookout lighthouse, so I’m at idle and letting things roll.

Don’t recall the fellas numbers, but the lighthouse is a tad over 30 miles and he’s hitting me at a steady S9.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.