• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Dunno last few days lotta lighnin n no rain so all radios unhooked n on standby.however hauled wheat to local elevator flipped my 980 ssb on n heard the sandbox
We've had some pop up storms but nothing local or measurable for the last 3 weeks at my house. Dry as a popcorn fart again which isnt typical for this time of year. So little lightning ive left my gear hooked up and there has been plenty of daytime skip. Im off this weekend so ill have some shack time.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
We've had some pop up storms but nothing local or measurable for the last 3 weeks at my house. Dry as a popcorn fart again which isnt typical for this time of year. So little lightning ive left my gear hooked up and there has been plenty of daytime skip. Im off this weekend so ill have some shack time.
we moved to our farm acroos road from my house wheat field is 1/2 mile southwest of my house.we parked trucks n it pourd hard for a good 15 minutes water standing everywhere . Got to my house about 20 minutes later not a drop on the sunflower field we planed last week or my drive nor my pasture. I can look towards the trucks n see dark wet ground between home n where trucks are parked

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I hit heavy front rains across southmost Illinois a couple of days ago.

A literal wall of wind/water coming into D/FW yesterday.

Busiest Man in the MetroPlex with Radio, GPS and Atlas all at hand to get to a delivery point. The unwanted and incapable having wrecks everywhere.

Coming down IH30 and diverting past the north end of Ray Hubbard Lake to the 190 and thence to turn down the Dallas North Tollway.

67-miles to cover 18 blocked.

Luckily it was called off before I made the fatal turn into the maelstrom.

Gettin’ Out and Gatherin’ all available on 19 was something else.

The 11-Meter Business Channel was popping.

I hit heavy front rains across southmost Illinois a couple of days ago.

A literal wall of wind/water coming into D/FW yesterday.

Busiest Man in the MetroPlex with Radio, GPS and Atlas all at hand to get to a delivery point. The unwanted and incapable having wrecks everywhere.

Coming down IH30 and diverting past the north end of Ray Hubbard Lake to the 190 and thence to turn down the Dallas North Tollway.

67-miles to cover 18 blocked.

Luckily it was called off before I made the fatal turn into the maelstrom.

Gettin’ Out and Gatherin’ all available on 19 was something else.

The 11-Meter Business Channel was popping.

be careful,guy who runs local elevator had a bunch of protesters mess up 1 of his trucks. They thumped his driver n he retallyated with his pistol,id had it out before shtf

Man it was rough again! Made a local contact with a nice fellow I’ve talked to before and would get keyed up on. Had to fight just to “wave” at 222 Attitude. I was successful!! It would almost be impossible barefoot.

Most DX was up and down the West Coast. No contact...could not compete with most mega-watt base stations. Oh well...fun to listen too though!!

Maytag and BT got my ears pinned, 20/9 lol. Lets see if this recording works...

Attachments

• cb_Recording_6.wav
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Rwb
Have been gone from home a few days. Got back last night and hooked antennas back up.

Turned on old Uniden Washington & Gray amp that I haven’t used lately. Two QSO’s. First to Grenada W.I. on 385 LSB and second to Ontario Canada on 425 LSB.

Logged both in on Cluster DX then cut radio off.

Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
Have been gone from home a few days. Got back last night and hooked antennas back up.

Turned on old Uniden Washington & Gray amp that I haven’t used lately. Two QSO’s. First to Grenada W.I. on 385 LSB and second to Ontario Canada on 425 LSB.

Logged both in on Cluster DX then cut radio off.
That sucks. Hope its something simple

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.