• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Had good DX conditions out of South America here in KY yesterday afternoon. Worked several stations from there. First time had those in a while here.
https://www.spaceweather.com/
THREE WEEKS WITHOUT SUNSPOTS: The sun has been blank for 23 days--more than three weeks without sunspots. Solar Cycle 25 started months ago, but the new cycle is not yet strong enough to break the icy grip of Solar Minimum. Until sunspots reappear, solar activity will remain low. Aurora alerts: SMS Text.

While the 11 meter DX is dead I'd encourage everyone to download the Midland CB Talk app. I use it when driving to keep myself awake and I've met some nice people on there. The experience is very similar to local talking on the CB. I do enjoy talking in the UK rooms as well. I'd love to hear more members on there talking radio.

This mornin about 945 i heard very faint distant communications but way too weak

Reactions: S&W357
Talked to some truckers today on I95 while in traffic. Heard some folks on the bowl come through even with my filter in place. Some guy taking to his bud about only the flat side of his antenna working and not the vertical.

I keep keying up and tryin. But not much coming back.

Talked to some truckers today on I95 while in traffic. Heard some folks on the bowl come through even with my filter in place. Some guy taking to his bud about only the flat side of his antenna working and not the vertical.

I keep keying up and tryin. But not much coming back.

Hey, this out of the Jeep while mobile?

With them other truckers I always ask:

1). Radio check (“Break One Nine radio check”)

2). After reply, I note my MM and direction of travel. Tell ‘em how THEY sound.

— Up to 1.5/miles distant is an average to count on.
Not about your rig so much, as theirs.

This series tends to bring others into the mix. You can wind up with 4-5 reports.

(Advise 63-mph to do it. No distractions. Traffic flow is around you.)

3). Find you a high point over the Interstate. Best is inside a big bend in the road. Pull off on an exit with nothing much locates there.

— Roughly every 12-minutes you’ve a new group. Tell them you’re wanting to know:

A). Mic Gain (“Hows this sound!”)
B. Mic Swap (whether you do or not)

And the old, reliable: “Hey, I just dug this radio out of a closet and installed it. Does it sound weird?” (Etc).

Hey, this out of the Jeep while mobile?

With them other truckers I always ask:

1). Radio check (“Break One Nine radio check”)

2). After reply, I note my MM and direction of travel. Tell ‘em how THEY sound.

— Up to 1.5/miles distant is an average to count on.
Not about your rig so much, as theirs.

This series tends to bring others into the mix. You can wind up with 4-5 reports.

(Advise 63-mph to do it. No distractions. Traffic flow is around you.)

3). Find you a high point over the Interstate. Best is inside a big bend in the road. Pull off on an exit with nothing much locates there.

— Roughly every 12-minutes you’ve a new group. Tell them you’re wanting to know:

A). Mic Gain (“Hows this sound!”)
B. Mic Swap (whether you do or not)

And the old, reliable: “Hey, I just dug this radio out of a closet and installed it. Does it sound weird?” (Etc).

yep. Bouncing around from spot to spot (errands) with the kid in back seeing who’s out there. Got a little convo going today about traffic etc and what’s going on around. Then they got bored or distance came into play and it stopped.

Had to get off the highway and get onto local streets anyways.

I’ve reached out 8 miles so far (as the crow flies), which ain’t bad in my book.

yep. Bouncing around from spot to spot (errands) with the kid in back seeing who’s out there. Got a little convo going today about traffic etc and what’s going on around. Then they got bored or distance came into play and it stopped.

Had to get off the highway and get onto local streets anyways.

I’ve reached out 8 miles so far (as the crow flies), which ain’t bad in my book.

Great!

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated