• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I believe I talked to you briefly on channel 28... 553, Cheesecracker in the 18 wheeler just outside of Little Rock. At least that's where I was earlier. Have a hard time getting called on 28 with just a 100 watts. But I made 4 or 5 contacts on 28. And quite a few on 38 LSB.

I think you are right Codeman. Looked back at my scribbled while talking notes and had some Arkansas in there. (y)

Reactions: codeman
It was a skipshooter 357 from North Carolina I talked to. Just a quick contact. You had someone asking about your antenna if that was you.

Reactions: S&W357
I was taking a nap when the skip broke my squelch. I kept increasing it a little more to cop some more z's. Like a snooze alarm, I finally gave in about the 3rd of 4th time and got up. Squelch was near its end. Normally I like hearing the radio while I sleep, but the XLY likes to holler from a distance whenever she wants something done. "I'm sorry, I thought I was hearing the radio" excuse doesn't work with her.

I was taking a nap when the skip broke my squelch. I kept increasing it a little more to cop some more z's. Like a snooze alarm, I finally gave in about the 3rd of 4th time and got up. Squelch was near its end. Normally I like hearing the radio while I sleep, but the XLY likes to holler from a distance whenever she wants something done. "I'm sorry, I thought I was hearing the radio" excuse doesn't work with her.

There’s an entire world inside that post.

I turned the radio back on about midnight last night. Skip still rolling.

Canada, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana.
It was a skipshooter 357 from North Carolina I talked to. Just a quick contact. You had someone asking about your antenna if that was you.

hmmm...not sure. May have been me...May not have been me. I do go by 357 when talking on AM regardless of local or DX. I often talk skip on a 1/2 wave horizontal dipole.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.