• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Backed to door at receiver, stones throw from Ford River Rouge (Dearborn, MI) at about 1800-local.

Hilarious listening to the Canada border crossing snarls at the river’s bridge on AM-19.

1). This CANNOT be the line for the bridge, what gives?”

“They’re pouring concrete, hand, so only one lane is open.”

“Oh, #%%^!!”

2). “Hey, ya dumb #%^ flatbedder, ya missed the line and now ya gotta find a place to turn around, oh, maybe 7-8/miles further on. Then go another 12-miles and turn around again to come 5-miles back.
Try not to miss it the second time!”

3). (No. Canucks ARE NOT nice people. But they ARE funny. And the Frenchie ones got GREAT foreign curse words.)

4). “Driver, they gotta block traffic on the one open lane to get a concrete mixer backed up to a hopper. After he’s done they let some traffic through. Sorta”.

5). “Somebody let me in? Please?”

Last edited:
Hawaii, Australia, Colombia, and as the band was fading I was talking to a couple guy's over on the coast, one in a mobile at the beach over in Monterey.
Nice conditions, my self and Chris, CenCal 223 made a lot of contacts on channels other than 38.
We bounced around on 36, 37, 39, 40 and they had traffic but not like the s7 pile-up that was on 38.
The big Island was rocking it hard this afternoon.

Jeff

3). (No. Canucks ARE NOT nice people. But they ARE funny. And the Frenchie ones got GREAT foreign curse words.)

I wholeheartedly disagree. We are generally nice just don't piss us off. There is a reason why I have encountered several Americans in travel pretending to be Canadians. Now as for the French ones.....yeah they can be REALLY rude. I think they are still pissed about losing the war against the English a few hundred years ago.

I wholeheartedly disagree. We are generally nice just don't piss us off. There is a reason why I have encountered several Americans in travel pretending to be Canadians. Now as for the French ones.....yeah they can be REALLY rude. I think they are still pissed about losing the war against the English a few hundred years ago.

The drivers crossing the bridge ain’t Swedish grandmothers. Plenty of drivers not American, who are angry and profane. Some were Frenchies.

Nice didn’t get the job done over the trenches and across the field in Flanders. Canadians were respected on all sides (as were other Commonwealth troops). I didn’t hear any expressions I wouldn’t have heard in the Alberta oilfield.

Rural northern Texas, western Oklahoma and adjoining parts of Kansas have the best Americans I’ve met as to being of help. Nice isn’t just politeness, either. Though it’s evident.

Nice is (can be) a convincing story told by those who think they’re masters to dis-arm citizens of their god-given right to act. Canadians are nice = sheeple if too many are reluctant to defy BS. (Don’t want to rock the boat).

Polite by nature, graciousness by God. Understood, it doesn’t allow being walked upon.

The rules at the bridge are confusing, contradictory and subject to whim. Canadian whim. Unfairness. (All of which you’d understand better using a radio from where I was sitting to inquire about border-crossing difficulties maybe unaware of what I already know about the regulations. Your fellow countrymen are exemplary in laying out the context plus the requirements).

Crossing to the American side may not have had construction, but it’s still a far cry from 1971. Equally bad.

None
of which is polite or helpful reflecting original citizenry. Government on both sides of the line is out of control. Too many drivers double down (from stress) on those around them versus the source of the aggravation.

If they tell you the supply chain is faltering, there’ll be some truth to it. Pushing away men from doing the work — those who expect reasonability — is part of the war. Add in subsidized invaders who bring Third-World discord to the roads and things get hot, fast.

Context, Captain K. You’ve waited an hour in that lane and now here come interlopers intend to cut it at the end. (Please do not think there are police acting as referees).

You gonna hand out nose-gays of roses?

I think not.

Righteous anger is real.

I found it funny as I’ve been in similar situations a thousand times. You tell me you haven’t gigged an upset male friend or family member he’s gotten hot about something (deflated him).

The drivers at the bridge road felt the way I did after spending the last hour in construction detours through Muslim Dearborn pulling a 53’ van on roads originally laid out in the 19th Century (and missing necessary signage). Skill and luck prevented any mishaps on my end as I had to “improvise”. An hour to have covered what was originally half a mile from the Interstate. Huge, constant road layout difficulties. Missing signage isn’t adequate defense against the penalties of my being in “an accident”.

Those penalties go DIRECTLY to my being ABLE to make a living. Think you I’ll get an impartial hearing in municipal (tribal) court as an outsider? I’m from Texas, bubba, I can tell you about captured politics/justice swayed to Mexicans. Impartiality is exclusively BY westerners. Put the state behind the invaders, . . it’s war.

The problem isn’t you or me. Our kind. I’ve Scottish ancestry back to early Canada, not just the other (American) English, both 17th Century. Forces arrayed against us — and they are — are central to this war. (Constant double binds. Damned if you Do or Don’t).

The anger is real. It is also righteous.

Nice” is concord inside agreed-rules. What is “law” isn’t law when it contravenes a thousand years of experience. WHY we are in The New World if you want the religious angle. It’s no accident, in my view. (Nice, in all things and at all times is then womanly capitulation .)

Choose.

All were called. Few responded.

Last edited:
The drivers crossing the bridge ain’t Swedish grandmothers. Plenty of drivers not American, who are angry and profane. Some were Frenchies.

Nice didn’t get the job done over the trenches and across the field in Flanders. Canadians were respected on all sides (as were other Commonwealth troops). I didn’t hear any expressions I wouldn’t have heard in the Alberta oilfield.

Rural northern Texas, western Oklahoma and adjoining parts of Kansas have the best Americans I’ve met as to being of help. Nice isn’t just politeness, either. Though it’s evident.

Nice is (can be) a convincing story told by those who think they’re masters to dis-arm citizens of their god-given right to act. Canadians are nice = sheeple if too many are reluctant to defy BS. (Don’t want to rock the boat).

Polite by nature, graciousness by God. Understood, it doesn’t allow being walked upon.

The rules at the bridge are confusing, contradictory and subject to whim. Canadian whim. Unfairness. (All of which you’d understand better using a radio from where I was sitting to inquire about border-crossing difficulties maybe unaware of what I already know about the regulations. Your fellow countrymen are exemplary in laying out the context plus the requirements).

Crossing to the American side may not have had construction, but it’s still a far cry from 1971. Equally bad.

None
of which is polite or helpful reflecting original citizenry. Government on both sides of the line is out of control. Too many drivers double down (from stress) on those around them versus the source of the aggravation.

If they tell you the supply chain is faltering, there’ll be some truth to it. Pushing away men from doing the work — those who expect reasonability — is part of the war. Add in subsidized invaders who bring Third-World discord to the roads and things get hot, fast.

Context, Captain K. You’ve waited an hour in that lane and now here come interlopers intend to cut it at the end. (Please do not think there are police acting as referees).

You gonna hand out nose-gays of roses?

I think not.

Righteous anger is real.

I found it funny as I’ve been in similar situations a thousand times. You tell me you haven’t gigged an upset male friend or family member he’s gotten hot about something (deflated him).

The drivers at the bridge road felt the way I did after spending the last hour in construction detours through Muslim Dearborn pulling a 53’ van on roads originally laid out in the 19th Century (and missing necessary signage). Skill and luck prevented any mishaps on my end as I had to “improvise”. An hour to have covered what was originally half a mile from the Interstate. Huge, constant road layout difficulties. Missing signage isn’t adequate defense against the penalties of my being in “an accident”.

Those penalties go DIRECTLY to my being ABLE to make a living. Think you I’ll get an impartial hearing in municipal (tribal) court as an outsider? I’m from Texas, bubba, I can tell you about captured politics/justice swayed to Mexicans. Impartiality is exclusively BY westerners. Put the state behind the invaders, . . it’s war.

The problem isn’t you or me. Our kind. I’ve Scottish ancestry back to early Canada, not just the other (American) English, both 17th Century. Forces arrayed against us — and they are — are central to this war. (Constant double binds. Damned if you Do or Don’t).

The anger is real. It is also righteous.

Nice” is concord inside agreed-rules. What is “law” isn’t law when it contravenes a thousand years of experience. WHY we are in The New World if you want the religious angle. It’s no accident, in my view. (Nice, in all things and at all times is then womanly capitulation .)

Choose.

All were called. Few responded.

Try considering Canadians in other than Ontario or Quebec. HUGE difference especially here on the east coast. Ontarians think they rule the world and Quebecers wish they did. Come on up to the Atlantic provinces sometime for some REAL hospitality. (y)

We now return you to the previously scheduled topic. :whistle:

Galapagos Islands

Have worked them many bands, including 6 meters Phone/CW
To me nothing else counts!:eek::LOL:
I was working S. America, Weds. evening from MOBILE w/100 watts on 10 meters SSB while travelling to Ohio from Ind.
Just enjoy the weekend activity, which is ALL SSB for Contest.
All the Best
Gary

PS: Many of the DX stations will begin testing the bands and equipment today, preparing for the start at 00z (8:00PM EDST) tonight.
I see P40W(Aruba) and others already "playing" around on 10 meters:D

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.