• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Made contact last night with West Virginia, Central New York and New Hampshire!! The band was really hopping up here in Central Pennsylvania with alot of Operator's out there trying to make contacts and the DX was really humming along,at least for me!! If any of you Radio Friends ever want to make contact,I'm usually on .385 LSB, would love to make contact with any of the forum members ,Hope you all have a great day today and God Bless!!

AE # 575

Steve

Last night my base stations were really hopping on every channel on both AM and SSB. I even talked to SC barefoot on channel 15 AM with my GE Super Base,which amazed me. That Speech Compression mode really impressed me. I will be exploring that radio more. Happy DXing
The GE super base was a am/SSB base station made back in the 80s if I remember correctly, I have never used one personally, but I have supposedly heard they were solid radios, the speech compression mode,is that like DSP?? Just curious..........Neat you made that contact on AM!!!!

The GE super base was a am/SSB base station made back in the 80s if I remember correctly, I have never used one personally, but I have supposedly heard they were solid radios, the speech compression mode,is that like DSP?? Just curious..........Neat you made that contact on AM!!!!
I don't even know what DSP is about. Maybe someone will chime in and explain to both of us. Wish I didn't have so much to do so I could explore radio more. Happy DXing PS. Do you know a Operator # 629 named dave in PA that fixes radios?

Speech compression evens out the peaks on your transmitted audio. DSP removes noise from your received audio. Both can help with signal readability, but they're not the same thing.
Thanks for the come back and knowledge. All I witnessed was when I turned speech compression on my Dosy meter showed a dramatic increase in the swing of watts going out. Kind of like turning a amp on.

Reactions: Rwb
I have a GE Handheld CB walkie talkie that works well when hooked to a mobile antenna I get good reports on it. But they put a stupid Rubber Duckie antenna on it and because of their mount you can't use the Cobra or Midland antennas with it. But they did provide a external antenna & power port with it.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated