• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Well had to try out my DX-979 early this morning to make sure it was still cooking and DX started early. So when it was receiving on 38 LSB I had to kick on my KL-503 because I couldn't resist when I heard Green Bay Wisconsin calling out. Well I called out and got answered so I gave the DX-979 a clean bill of health. I have 2 of the 979s and both have reaped me contacts so thinking I should have exploited both of those radios before moving on. Boy the curious mind makes me do dumb things. LOL PS DX was really Getting Down around here today as I listened in my travels, but had too much on the TO DO list before the next rain !

I see you guys are smoldering down there and we're supposed to this week too. 108 today..... It can't be good on a radio cooking in a vehicle.
I've been on the road, checking in with a few clients up in the lower panhandle. My last client today was 60 miles SSE of you.
Yes, it's definitely heating back up again. Ugh... :cool:

Last edited:
How far are you from the ocean? I hear the breeze off the pacific is nice and tends to keep it from getting too terribly hot. ?
We’re about 25 miles or so from the Pacific. Yes is does cool most times 20+ deg when the marine layer comes in. BUT..,,if we have a big dome of high pressure (110d) it’s warm at night too. Humidity is not usually not a factor..thank goodness!!!

I've been on the road, checking in with a few clients up in the lower panhandle. My last client today was 60 miles SSE of you.
Yes, it's definitely heating back up again. Ugh... :cool:
That's right down the street. Holler when you're in the neighborhood, I may just be closer to you depending on where I run to. I was running down to Lubbock today, probably right next to you without knowing it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.