• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Like most it is either feast or famine. LOL
I sure could use some feast ... however I just went outside and checked my recently installed VQUAD only to find it had decided to arrange itself in the L position from V without my consent so this may be part of the problem lol.
Teach me not to use an impact gun on antenna hardware.

Usually don't get on the air after 7pm because the band is totally dead after sunset down here. Forgot to disconnect the antenna earlier today, so went down at 8 tonight to unhook it. Fired up the old base , and was surprised by a lot of traffic on 40 lower. But only out of Washington state. Even Florida was dead which NEVER happens. Had 4 solid contacts with operators out of WA. in 45 minutes time. 315 out of Spokane was hitting me with a solid 7 and we talked for over 20 minutes uninterrupted. Mother Nature always full of surprises.

- 399 J.J.

Finally turned on the amp in the mobile and made a contact in Louisiana. Heard Mister Nice Guy shouting from LA loud and clear but couldn't make it back to him. Nice to see DX finally coming back,& wondering how it's going to be when All the leaves have gone ????
Around here the last couple of days have been great. I haven't been able to commit a lot of time but the time I did yielded some qso.

Finally turned on the amp in the mobile and made a contact in Louisiana. Heard Mister Nice Guy shouting from LA loud and clear but couldn't make it back to him. Nice to see DX finally coming back,& wondering how it's going to be when All the leaves have gone ????
If it’s the same Mr Nice Guy….he’s a few miles from me!! One of my first local contacts on radio. He also went by One Hit.

Friday afternoon and early evening was great. Saturday was ok, I just didn't have much time for radio but I did make some contacts. Today, I don't think I made it to the radio room. But the totality and quality of the qso's, overall were great this weekend.

If it’s the same Mr Nice Guy….he’s a few miles from me!! One of my first local contacts on radio. He also went by One Hit.
I'm figuring it must be because how many could LA have without you knowing. Any way he seem to have a strong radio and sounded good so I thought you might know him being so close to you.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
With both of those aliases he must have had to be a fan of the movie Half Baked. :ROFLMAO:
Don’t know. LOL
He did attend HS at the same time as my wife’s uncle. I also head Prime Minista give him and some other SoCal heavy hitters a shout out. From what I know he can transmit 10kw’s worth of RF goodness but doesn’t since his neighbor works from home these days.

Don’t know. LOL
He did attend HS at the same time as my wife’s uncle. I also head Prime Minista give him and some other SoCal heavy hitters a shout out. From what I know he can transmit 10kw’s worth of RF goodness but doesn’t since his neighbor works from home these days.
I know CBs mess with my computer speakers.

I sure could use some feast ... however I just went outside and checked my recently installed VQUAD only to find it had decided to arrange itself in the L position from V without my consent so this may be part of the problem lol.
Teach me not to use an impact gun on antenna hardware.
psst set impact on as low as it will go.quit just before it rattles n finish with w
hand wrench

psst set impact on as low as it will go.quit just before it rattles n finish with w
hand wrench
I did, but no bueno. In this case I was my own worst enemy. I reused u bolts and clamps and bracket from the larger diameter trashed VQ3 as I didn't have a smaller diameter masting from the rotor to boom. This was a mistake as nothing on earth will keep it from slipping lol. Pulling it down for other maintainence swapping to supplied smaller hardware. I hate when I outsmart myself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned