• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Been on the radio since about 12 noon on 16 and 40 LSB trying,was able to make one contact out of Kansas,but no WDX members out there that I have heard from, Conditions have been kinda of up and down up here in Central Pennsylvania today for me, Right now at the moment it's quiet on .405................

73's
WDX-630 and I both were on 40..made a short contact, QRM blocked anything but contact info

Well today ended with me making contact with a station in Kansas and Fairbanks, Alaska as conditions today were alittle wonky up here in Central Pennsylvania,No WDX Brothers that I heard on the radio today, hopefully next weekend conditions will be better and I'll try again,hope everyone has a great week ahead and God Bless!!

73's

Reactions: Rwb
Not much for radio time today but here conditions were mediocre anyways. I'll try when I can this week and after that I'm off the air for a while again.
We moved to this part of the panhandle about 7 months ago and the goal was to see what part of town works best for us. For that we leased a home from a good friend to test the waters. Now this week we close the deal on a purchased home so with that the fun of moving again and tearing down the station until time permits.

Not much for radio time today but here conditions were mediocre anyways. I'll try when I can this week and after that I'm off the air for a while again.
We moved to this part of the panhandle about 7 months ago and the goal was to see what part of town works best for us. For that we leased a home from a good friend to test the waters. Now this week we close the deal on a purchased home so with that the fun of moving again and tearing down the station until time permits.
Congratulations on the New house!!!

73's

Congratulations on the New house!!!

73's
Thank you sir, hopefully we'll be there for many years to come. I'm really hoping to be back on the air before missing out on the remaining fall/winter conditions.

I'll be keeping tabs on this thread though and might just have to toss the q6 back in the commuter to stay relevant with you gents.

@Brother DXer or @undertaker can take my share of Lonestar dx until I'm back :ROFLMAO:.

Thank you sir, hopefully we'll be there for many years to come. I'm really hoping to be back on the air before missing out on the remaining fall/winter conditions.

I'll be keeping tabs on this thread though and might just have to toss the q6 back in the commuter to stay relevant with you gents.

@Brother DXer or @undertaker can take my share of Lonestar dx until I'm back :ROFLMAO:.
It's probably going to take both of us to fill your shoes, my friend!
I hope the move goes well for you and your family.
73's

got a real close friend in childress tx

I was going to get on the air yesterday morning, but some friends dropped by and I never got on. Around 8:30 pm, I went back down to disconnect my antenna. Turned on the base, and every channel was totally dead. Just for grins, I called CQ on channel 40, and 369 DAN on the big island Hawaii came back to me. We talked for a solid 1/2 hour until conditions started fading.

First contact with the Islands this cycle. Pretty unusual to get a good QSO so late in the evening. I'm going to have to try some more late night stuff.

- 399 J.J.

I was going to get on the air yesterday morning, but some friends dropped by and I never got on. Around 8:30 pm, I went back down to disconnect my antenna. Turned on the base, and every channel was totally dead. Just for grins, I called CQ on channel 40, and 369 DAN on the big island Hawaii came back to me. We talked for a solid 1/2 hour until conditions started fading.

First contact with the Islands this cycle. Pretty unusual to get a good QSO so late in the evening. I'm going to have to try some more late night stuff.

- 399 J.J.
27.485 lsb 8 pm cst was talking to few friends n 1 came in n i missed his who n where but closest neighbor worked him n i stood by,as he came in 2 minutes later he was gone

Well Good afternoon on this Christmas Eve, today was a good day for Dxing in my area ,as I made the following contacts:
Indiana(221)
Mississippi(075)
Kentucky(Bluegrass 91)
North Carolina(098)
North Mississippi(057)
Tennessee(515)
Atlanta, Georgia(926)
West Germany(13 Alfa Lima 001)
Texas(727)
Tried to make contact with some WDX brothers,but no dice yet..........

73's

Well Good afternoon on this Christmas Eve, today was a good day for Dxing in my area ,as I made the following contacts:
Indiana(221)
Mississippi(075)
Kentucky(Bluegrass 91)
North Carolina(098)
North Mississippi(057)
Tennessee(515)
Atlanta, Georgia(926)
West Germany(13 Alfa Lima 001)
Texas(727)
Tried to make contact with some WDX brothers,but no dice yet..........

73's
I agree around here DX was really rolling but my little mobile antenna I can put on top of my car and get in the garage is only good for listening to the chatter. But the DX was bombing in from all over the place today. Heard the west coast like it was next to me.

Same here. Excellent DX late morning and early afternoon. After lunch, it was a total waste. Some AMer camped out on ch 40 telling all SSBers to get lost. He must be a ch 6 reject because everyone said he was bleeding 5 channels either direction. My 139XLR is modded for additional Adjacent Channel Rejection, so I wasn't affected much. Still, maintaining a dx contact was pretty much impossible. I imagine Christmas day will be even worse.

399 J. J.

While I was in the shower listening as I was prepping for the day, I heard some clown on 39 LSB being arrogant and rude to other operators with his CQ Contest Lima Bravo Jive. Telling others to get off the channel. It Peed me off and if my neighbor wasn't home I would have turned my Amp on and told him to get some courtesy.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.