• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

All week we had sporadic E on 10/11.
Workeda UK station that was on teneriffe from the Netherlands on the FT847 Collins filters running bog standard 100 watts on 11, 5/9 no problems, most my qso's were on 10.
Just twirled over 11 when i heard him and nobody came back.
Mostly i listen in on 11, qso's on 10, but hey why not have some fun?

Listening to 38lsb right now, omg so ridiculous. Its EXACTLY like am. Everyone just says cqdx, waving the hand, qrt. No qsy for a qso. Just hey sounding loud over here waving the hand im qrt. Hahaha, thats am shit right there. So next time you sidebanders say the am guys are dumb, just listen to 38. Its the same damn thing. I miss .415 - .555 usb, those were the days. Quiet up there now

Listening to 38lsb right now, omg so ridiculous. Its EXACTLY like am. Everyone just says cqdx, waving the hand, qrt. No qsy for a qso. Just hey sounding loud over here waving the hand im qrt. Hahaha, thats am shit right there. So next time you sidebanders say the am guys are dumb, just listen to 38. Its the same damn thing. I miss .415 - .555 usb, those were the days. Quiet up there now

.385 does get stupid, but not all of us dumb sidebanders park on .385. Plenty of other places to go..............

I dunno I say CQ DX...never had anybody(HAMS) talk down to me. I like to think that 38lsb is a little CB and a little HAM. There are a bunch of hammies and they are waiving. Keeping it informal. Just no bye bye bye please!! LOL

Dont get me wrong, im not ripping on sidebanders, its my mode of choice as well. Just listening today got me to thinking about a thread on here that was all about how am is dumb and am operators sound stupid the way they talk and i was like wait a minute, this is the exact same thing just with some over used q codes added.

It's sad that 11m radio is forever associated with low IQ and education. It's changed over the years, but we still have the more power is better and cb rap/crap crowd. Those 40 channels have had access to SSB for decades and it stands to reason that the above mentioned will use them. SSB is not exclusive to amateur radio only.
It's also sad that the amateur radio crowd is associated with better than thou snobs. Not all are that way, but it took more than one or two to earn the rep. I'm on the fence on getting licensed. I got a local elmer that got his first ticket over 40 years ago, and still loves 11m. If more guys were like him, I would have been on the amateur bands decades ago. He teaches me yet treats me as an equal. Both 11m and amateur set the example that can encourage or drive off younger operators, and I rarely hear a young operator on any frequency. Me calling ham a bunch of stuck up snobs is no better or worse than a ham saying 11m is a bunch of dumb hillbillies. It serves no purpose other than personal gratification. Everyone's shit stinks.
Damn, I just set a record for my longest post.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated