• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Been enjoy the same openings as you guys from my position here in Dixie.
I think it's somewhere on this thread where one of the guys was complaining about hearing the station on 27.385L playing records of MLK speech(s). Finally heard that today around 1pm eastern. Big short hop conditions to Lousiana & east Texas strongest around the band at that time so it's possible the jerk is tx'ing from that area.

Last edited:
Made over a dozen contacts in the Pacific this morning, Strawberry and 619 on channel 11 , 005 in the grass, Showgun and Marlboro Man with big signals.
I could hear two guys in mobiles on the big Island talking but could not get in-between them.
The band switched and Pensacola came up.
All in the last 20 25 min.
I got stuff to do, no time to play radio......

Jeff

Been wondering about since all the trees have their leaves now is that going to have a negative effect on the DX. A couple weeks ago with bare trees we were being hammered with DX.

Foliage has zero effect on DX. Foliage becomes a factor at VHF and above but not on 11m. Sunspots affect DX and as they move across the face of the sun conditions will vary.

Foliage has zero effect on DX. Foliage becomes a factor at VHF and above but not on 11m. Sunspots affect DX and as they move across the face of the sun conditions will vary.
Thanks CK for the knowledge. Who says you can't teach a old dog new tricks. I've been barking at the moon a long time just not with 11 meter. I squeeze it in when I can. LOL

I like this radio. Especially the noise filters. Reports on the audio are very good. I dragged the old Stalker IX out the other day. I can't imagine I listened to that noise every day in the car.

These little amps are something else. 150 + watts in a package the size of 1.5 packs of cigarettes. I'm driving it with 3-4 AM and 8-10 SSB for about 100w output. Input swr is at the bottom of the scale. If only these were available back in the 70s and 80s.

Quick QSO with 888 North Carolina on the drive home! He sounded like he was in the next car over. Said I faded out then I turned east again and I was blaring! Told him I was in a mobile…a tad directional. LOL

Had some jackass giving his take on California politics whenever a Cali station would call CQ. Really?? Other stations from other states would tell him to shut up. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated