• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

This Morning Before Dad and I left for church, I was able to make contact with Georgia and for a few seconds only,St.Thomas Virgin Island's, Conditions were a little Shaky,but still workable, just had to be Patient,hope everyone has a Blessed upcoming Memorial Day,May we all take time to remember the Heroes that gave there lives for there Country and the Friends that they served with,so that we might all be thankful and appreciative of the God given Freedoms that we all have,God Bless you all my Friend's!!

Within the last hour it has really been hopping. Just after 1:00P.M., I made contact with 285 in Hickory, NC; 455 in Greer, SC; 426 south of Lexington, KY; 813 50 miles south of Augusta, GA and 739 in east Tennessee. Not bad for a barefoot Uniden PC122 and A99. At this pace, I'd cover the whole country by dinner time - propagation permitting.

I'd say the skip is rolling on 11 meters today.

Within the last hour it has really been hopping. Just after 1:00P.M., I made contact with 285 in Hickory, NC; 455 in Greer, SC; 426 south of Lexington, KY; 813 50 miles south of Augusta, GA and 739 in east Tennessee. Not bad for a barefoot Uniden PC122 and A99. At this pace, I'd cover the whole country by dinner time - propagation permitting.

I'd say the skip is rolling on 11 meters today.
404 it was good to hear from another wwdx member!

After making it home from church this afternoon, powered on the radios and absolutely nothing..... Monitoring SSb with one and scanning the regular 40 with another... Not a single voice.

Today was not a Dx day here
I've been hearing DX all day from Northern California, Oregon, and Washington. Talking, not so much.

I was picking up skip from Eastern Europe last night on Channel 16 LSB. It was in Russian of course. I translated back to English and it is reading, "I do not have any panties on...." No disrespect intended. Here's hoping everyone got to be with his/her family and celebrate the lives of those servicemen who can not longer be with us.

Last edited:
Dx really banging in from the south this morning. Had my first good comebacks from the southern tip of Florida and Georgia and was able to get adjustments made on my 2000GTL and check out my old GE Super Base. I guess the old time radios won out again !!! LOL Guess I now have to add my New Galaxy DX 2547 to the pile. It reached out and touched Michigan and the South. Now I have to get them set up on a switch to get a comparison and see which one climbs to the top of the heap. LOL

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?