• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

When I was a young lad in the 50s I read a article in the Sunday Parade flyer that came with the News Paper that said The American People are Losing Their Manners. I always remembered that article and could relate to it when dealing with the public. Funny the things you remember !

Reactions: YardDog and Rwb
Been nothing but a wall of noise or complete silence for dx here in NW Arkansas for at least a month. Did make a brief contact with 502 on Kangaroo Island in S. Australia. Was going along good but a ton of people started hollering at both of us in secession and turned it into a train wreck. Never understood why people bust in and do that when they can hear both of the other operators were in conversation. But hey at least I got a little skip.
You should have sent them all to LSB 16. It would have gotten them off your case and revived the old, recognized SSB hailing channel for CB/GRS. We really need to do this anyways to ease the pressure on LSB 38 when the skip starts rolling.
It's not just these days. It was like that back in the 80's too. The Italians were the worst for doing that however.
Mamma mia!

Last edited:
Reactions: undertaker and Rwb
You should have sent them all to LSB 16. It would have gotten them off your case and revived the old, recognized SSB hailing channel for CB/GRS. We really need to do this anyways to ease the pressure on LSB 38 when the skip starts rolling.

Mamma mia!
Freeband is the answer! The CB band is only going to get worse as conditions improve this cycle. IMHO.

JD

Gave it a CQ anyway and made a crystal clear conversation with 138 Boca Raton Fl. Crazy thing about it is that he was the only one in the receiver. Could hear him making contacts afterwards but he was the only one in my receiver. Funny how that can work.

I'll take it.
here its screaming noise like at the end of that last solar cycle

It was quite most of the day down around San Antonio but this evening it is busy. I talked to California and Pennsylvania. I did not stay out in the pickup for long. It will ge nice to get a base station going again.

Mamma mia!
Well I was actually on 27.285 AM on that contact. Prior to the shit storm it was pretty quiet. I like ssb but usually talk above 27.405. Much quieter as a general rule. I still like and use normal 40 channels with ssb. Just depends on conditions and ground floor noise.

Reactions: Rwb
Well I was actually on 27.285 AM on that contact. Prior to the shit storm it was pretty quiet. I like ssb but usually talk above 27.405. Much quieter as a general rule. I still like and use normal 40 channels with ssb. Just depends on conditions and ground floor noise.
Gotta ask, where above 27.405 do you hang out? Might be worth making the jump just to see if you're there when there's a pileup.

Reactions: Rwb and YardDog
I just don't think you need to go above 27.405. I understand there's an international crowd that hangs around 27.555 and other points above the legal 40. But honestly folks, CB/GRS just does not have the volume it did in the 70s and 80s. With a little effort you can usually QSY off of LSB 38 doing fellow operators the courtesy of not crowding up the frequency while also allowing you to continue your contact. Heck, there are folks out there still operating on their old 23 channel rigs!

Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated