• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I know the 111111111111111111 thing has been around for years and it seems to have originally started by stations on ch. 6, "the Superbowl" and they used to do it all the time and now it's been carried over to SSB I guess. I know the "Bowl" guys used to do it when tuning up their big splatter amps and some would do it a lot more than what's heard on SSB now, it's just a radio thing just like all the other stuff that comes with radio.

That guy playing the 1111111111111 recording all day IS NOT the original from Phoenix.The original 11111111111111 guy who also goes by unit 119 is ONLY on during the morning and later afternoon in his mobile, he works during the day and isn't the one doing it.Again, there are 4-5 or more copy cat stations doing the 111111111111 thing.
the dork going to work and coming home doing it is tim hoffman in az

the other asswipe that recorded it and playing for hours is this loser that I would love to know where he lives. I pay cash

111111 guy just started his jamming job on 38 around 8AM PST

Do those elephants actually work to pin point radio transmitters?

Last edited:
Conditions were favorable early in the day but turned into a pileup after noon. This evening was rough and tough but was able to plow through the pileup and make a few contacts. The grown kids add to the difficulty or course, some of those guys are something else. At one point my daughter walked in and asked "was that man on the radio singing a nursery rhyme?" Yeah... gets strange on there sometimes doesn't it!

On another note, the 2950dx6 is up to bat now and is doing better than expected. A few audio reports from the locals say they can tell there's a little more powa.
View attachment 65629
Love your Radio Setup,if I remember correctly the Ranger 2950Dx 6 does about 100 watts after a tune up I believe???

73's

today after the storm passed i hooked my styrker 955hp up . was trolling round n stopped on 37 lsb. had a great convo with 586 in brunswick canada. lasted a few minutes but was great .his kenwood 630 n my stryker was kikin it up. he said MAKE NO ADJUSTMENTS crystal clear voice n his was too. i returned same to him,sounded like he was in my drive and he said same to me. great radioing day

It has been good for a couple days here, just have to stay off the train wreck frequency's.

Jeff
we had storms both days.lightning made it prohibitive to stay hooked up. but last storm went away fast n skip was great here

Reactions: whiteastro
Conditions have been great here in Kentucky out of the Pacific last few days. Worked one guy in the 43 who was working 12 watts on a 1/4 wave vertical about 10 feet off the ground and had no trouble hearing him. So listen and getcha some lol

Love your Radio Setup,if I remember correctly the Ranger 2950Dx 6 does about 100 watts after a tune up I believe???

73's
Thank you for the kind words my friend, it's about as simple as a guy can get when a temporary station sits in the dining room corner! It works for me but when we have company over I can't sneak away to a shack for a quick dx fix :ROFLMAO: .

The 2950dx6 is one I bought from @undertaker and it's a keeper. It took the stage from the 7900v for a little while and the 2950 has performed well. I turned the power down just a tad, paired it with the custom d104m6 and it's already gotten compliments for the audio.

Right around 80 to 90 watts ssb and punches through the crowds pretty good no problem.

Back to the topic, after pulling a 20 work shift due to a refinery emergency, I'm home today and conditions are fantastic. Worked many stations thos morning with the 2950 so hopefully condition will hang through the day.

Just maybe I can catch another fellow wwdx member on the air.
Happy DX everyone!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.