• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Really strong Dx into Colombia this late afternoon. Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Texas, Carolinas, New York, Windsor Ontario, British Colombia, Vancouver, Colorado, Washington state, Wyoming, and , of course, Florida. It's been a long time since I had DX like this. I was on 36LSB, and it was quiet. I keyed up "CQ-DX", and it seemed like the whole world came back to me. Lots of fun. Most of the Dx seems to have moved away from 38LSB down to 37 and 36 LSB. 39 lsb is always dead most of the time, and 40 is a waste of time, just like 38. Too many a-holes on 41 thru 44. At least at my end.

I have searched thru all of my junk, and just can't find the mike for my Kenwood TS-430S. I know it's here somewhere, but haven't found it yet. I want to give FM a try, and my TS430S is the best bet. I'm going to the Med on Friday, so I'll pick up an 8-pin plug and make up a mike for my Kenwood. Anxious to try FM Dx.

I have called "CQ-WDX repeatedly on 36 ,37,and 39 LSB. Been calling for American Eagle, Lonestar Bandit, and many other WDX members without success. Where are you guys hiding ???
I will be on 36 and 37 LSB from noon EST tomorrow. Call for me. Hopefully we can finally hookup.

- J.J. 399

Where are you guys hiding ???
Regrettably, mostly in my house resting and not my shop where the radio is. I've recently had one of the worst flus of my life and am still tired and trying to get back to 100%. I have been out there from time to time, but not today! Hopefully tomorrow...........
When I am out there I'm listening on 26.805 FM and 27.555 USB and nearby freqs.

Reactions: unit_399
Regrettably, mostly in my house resting and not my shop where the radio is. I've recently had one of the worst flus of my life and am still tired and trying to get back to 100%. I have been out there from time to time, but not today! Hopefully tomorrow...........
When I am out there I'm listening on 26.805 FM and 27.555 USB and nearby freqs.
BC -
I'll call for you tomorrow on 27.555USB. But first, get well.

- J.J. 399

Reactions: BC Coyote
I've been monitoring 555 from time to time today. Pretty poor conditions so far.......just a few stations from the Midwest US, and a few from Southern Brazil and Central Argentina. Nothing coming in from the Northern part of South America at all.. I'll keep checking; hopefully conditions will get better.

Reactions: S&W357
I ended up with a mediocre opening to Northern South America around 2 to 4 pm PST today. Heard 5RC124 & a couple other Venezuelans plus Chiapas and Panama.
None of them more than S 3 or so, and no sign of 399. I called several times with no response from anybody other than a couple US stations. All on 555.
I did make several contacts on 26.805 FM as well, with some of the usual suspects...... Overall, an unspectacular radio day during the times I was on.

Last night stateside USA Skip on 11 meters was very good here.
This morning was good also from Europe mostly GB.

I stayed on 28.375 LSB with AT-6666 and A99 with a little help from Dave in between the two. His last name is Made. Unusual last name…I know.
2NC556

Reactions: whiteastro
Lots of exotics making there way here this morning ! South Africa, Canary Islands, Ireland etc........ We're in a deep freeze here and it's just slightly above freezing in my shop (and -12C outside it) ! I've adapted a pattern of 30 minutes on the radio, then an hour in the house to warm up, then another 30 mins LOL! Brrrrrrrrrrr.......

Sounds lovely. My wife is cold blooded keeps the house boiling if temps outside drop even slightly. Leaves me overheated and faint lol. Dang island dolls. I even forgot what my handle was trying to have a QSO...

Great contact just now with 248AT/0 in the Turks & Caicos Islands. Second new country for me in the last week ! (The other was Kingdom of Tonga). 27.615 USB

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.