• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Off topic but hopefully I'll be back to reporting on this thread soon, like within the next couple of weeks soon.

Fellas, it's hard to read this thread, have all the gear but not be able to partake, I'm dying to fire up a station and "get down"!

Happy DX everyone, and hope to join you soon.
Whatever the problem, fix it and get back here. Good luck

J.J.

I'm pretty sure I made a Northern California contact and a positive contact in Nebraska with my little mobile unit today. ( McKinley & Performer 5000 ) So looks like I have a good combo. Now we have to shoot for across the big pond if DX doesn't fade in the spring like last year.

There's a lot going on around mi casa lately and I haven't been on the forums, so I thought I'd take a minute and report ...

Conditions are through the roof in my part of the world these past few weeks. Pretty much any time of day I can turn on and talk to a ton of stations here in the US and many international. Although Columbia is still quiet in my receive.

As for today, I didn't have the time to even turn a radio on, but if conditions don't turn to crap, I'll be on tomorrow.
73's

Last edited:
There's a lot going on around mi casa lately and I haven't been on the forums, so I thought I'd take a minute and report ...

Conditions are through the roof in my part of the world these past few weeks. Pretty much any time of day I can turn on and talk to a ton of stations here in the US and many international. Although Columbia is still quiet in my receive.

As for today, I didn't have the time to even turn a radio on, but if conditions don't turn to crap, I'll be on tomorrow.
73's
Man I've got to get on the air!

Conditions are through the roof
Ain't that the truth ! Conditions have been spectacular here lately as well.
Work got really busy for me here lately so I haven't been on the air as much as I would like either........

While working out in the shop this afternoon I was hearing Japan at S9 levels on 27555. Also Taiwan, Thailand and Malaysia in addition to the usual suspects.
Also hearing lots and lots of Chinese and other Asian languages in the early evening on weird frequencies, such as 27.464.6 USB.

Quite the smorgasbord of stations !

Brother _
I can guarantee you that's it's not from a lack of trying. My trusty Toyota Hilux blew its head gasket because I wasn't paying attention and let it overheat. Normally, I would take it to a shop , but it happened out by the farm in the middle of nowhere. So I have to do the repair myself . Tore it down and sent the cyl head to the Med for resurfacing and a valve job. While I'm waiting I've been on the air a lot these past couple of days. Talked to a lot of stations in Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, and elsewhere. But not many out of Texas. Don't know why. I'll be on almost all day tomorrow, The pileups on the weekends are horrendous. I'll listen for you, and other WDXers. Please do the same. CHs 36 and 37 LSB.

- 399 J.J.

Brother _
I can guarantee you that's it's not from a lack of trying.

- 399 J.J.
I understand your pain, JJ. Things happen and we normally have to put them at the front of the line. As of yesterday, I seem to be in the similar position of things coming up and having to deal with. I'm not sure when I'll have time to get on the radio. Hopefully soon, and with a little luck, we can make contact.
73's

I understand your pain, JJ. Things happen and we normally have to put them at the front of the line. As of yesterday, I seem to be in the similar position of things coming up and having to deal with. I'm not sure when I'll have time to get on the radio. Hopefully soon, and with a little luck, we can make contact.
73's
ROD -

looking forward to hooking up with you soon. And all other WDXers too

- 399 J. J.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.