• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Well gentlemen, the base is a work in progress but I'll be ssb mobile in the meantime. I have an hour commute to work and an hour home every day so I'll be standing by.
20240219_070551.jpg
I should have a sirio megawatt 4000 delivered in a few days to replace the laird nmo so that should help the situation.
I'm back on the air! Kind of.

Reactions: unit_399
Well gentlemen, the base is a work in progress but I'll be ssb mobile in the meantime. I have an hour commute to work and an hour home every day so I'll be standing by.
View attachment 67695
I should have a sirio megawatt 4000 delivered in a few days to replace the laird nmo so that should help the situation.
I'm back on the air! Kind of.
What times and time zones ?? So I'll know when to listen. Also what channel. I'm on EST and usually use 36 or 37. Listen for 828 ??

- J.J. 399

Reactions: Eldorado828
What times and time zones ?? So I'll know when to listen. Also what channel. I'm on EST and usually use 36 or 37. Listen for 828 ??

- J.J. 399
Ok, morning 6:30-7:30 cst evening will vary between 4 to 9 cst, I go home when I make it in. As far a frequency, I'll be watching you all to follow along but I hang out between 36-40 11 meters. If you fellas are higher up then I'll travel up that way. WDX-828 Texas in the mobile.

Wow conditions are great with many qso's this evening on the way home. The quad 6 performed great, better than I'd expected mobile. Reports were audio is excellent, clear and was hitting them with a strong signal, Lot's of compliments from Operator Danny 011 in Cleveland Ohio, he couldn't believe it was a barefoot stock mobile said he thought it was an hf rig! Haha I'll take it!

I'm happy as a tornado in a trailer park, glad to be back on the air.

Now I don't know if I really want to swap the nmo-27 out with the sirio....

I haven't been on my mud duck station lately. Did y'all give up the 16 LSB and move up a few channels?

Wow conditions are great with many qso's this evening on the way home. The quad 6 performed great, better than I'd expected mobile. Reports were audio is excellent, clear and was hitting them with a strong signal, Lot's of compliments from Operator Danny 011 in Cleveland Ohio, he couldn't believe it was a barefoot stock mobile said he thought it was an hf rig! Haha I'll take it!

I'm happy as a tornado in a trailer park, glad to be back on the air.

Now I don't know if I really want to swap the nmo-27 out with the sirio....
Im glad conditions and the setup was getting out 828. Im still using a older wil 1000 mag on my mobile until i can find something better but so far it still kicks well :) 73

Reactions: Eldorado828
You have a blessed and safe day as well! Last night 11 was so quiet. No noise. Enjoyed talking to the local homeboys on 27.355 AM.

11 meter DX was starting to quietly roll into central NC this morning about 8:00. Talked to couple guys on 2 meters and couple contacts on 10 meters. I’ll be trying 11m again soon

2NC556 aka WDX556

Noticed a little more background noise than usual here too.... Not enough to really impact reception though. There have been several solar flares lately, so it may be down to that. I also hear a lot of splatter drifting up from the regular 40 into the freeband.
Conditions generally have been amazing.........I finally bagged Thailand this week after it eluded me for years! Lots of other great contacts recently too !
Fun times on the radio :p.

Conditions here have been in and out. One minute a station will put my meter in the red, and the next minute it's hardly moving it off the peg. Been this way for three days now. Must be the same on the other end too, as operators say I'm booming in, but then say they can hardly hear me. I guess Mother Nature wakes up for a minute and then falls back to sleep.

-J.J. 399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.