• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Second day in a row here with a totally dead band. A few weak stations did make it in yesterday afternoon and evening, but mostly just the usual Australians.....
Conditions went from some of the best ever last week to absolutely dead this week!
Ah well, it was fun while it lasted !
that 1 that gets intoxicated nitely here,daily there kinda gets funny decribing shit

about 930 last nite a friend 65 miles away wanted to try his new leenyer i was using my stryker 955 barefeet and he is in a hole but he was gettin to me 4 on my meter but said ol 955 no sigal but LOUD N CLEAR sigal
my sirio 2008 is only 20 ft to the base. if i could get another 10 ft bet that be as good as 125 watts out or more.height is mite

CB is still active around here. Quite a few old timers on the air. We have a weekly SSB net on 27.605 that started in early 70's. There's also a weekly swap meet on the same frequency each Sunday night. I live in Athens County Ohio, which is in Appalachia. Plenty of redneck CB'ers in pickup trucks running the hills. A few dudes are cornballs, but there's usually no trouble finding someone to talk to.

that 1 that gets intoxicated nitely here,daily there kinda gets funny decribing shit
We call that guy the "drunk preacher" and he's on every evening for hours and hours ranting away in a thick Aussie accent.
38 is useless for me here......all day long its the 1111111 guy and when that finally starts to fade out the drunk preacher comes in 'till 10pm or later. After that skips done for the day and it's a dead channel until 8am or so the next day when 11111 guy fades back in !

I live in Athens County Ohio, which is in Appalachia. Plenty of redneck CB'ers in pickup trucks running the hills. A few dudes are cornballs, but there's usually no trouble finding someone to talk to.
Wow. I grew up in Athens County. Haven't lived there in 32 years though. Hard for me to catch any skip from the buckeye. Only two contacts in the last four years. One was near Guysville, and the other near Coolville. That part of Ohio is similar to N/W Arkansas. Ain't really mountains, but there's some big damned hills.

Wow. I grew up in Athens County. Haven't lived there in 32 years though. Hard for me to catch any skip from the buckeye. Only two contacts in the last four years. One was near Guysville, and the other near Coolville. That part of Ohio is similar to N/W Arkansas. Ain't really mountains, but there's some big damned hills.
Close to NW AR from here. You get down 49 toward the tunnel South of Fayetteville and ya get some nice views.

Reactions: YardDog
Conditions aren't totally dead here, but they are definately on life support ! Still hearing some U.S. and Canadian stations, and I did have QSO's with Ontario and some stations in the upper midwest states today.

For some reason, the clowns on sideband on 36, 38 and 42 all come in great even when conditions are bad. Go figure !

We call that guy the "drunk preacher" and he's on every evening for hours and hours ranting away in a thick Aussie accent.
38 is useless for me here......all day long its the 1111111 guy and when that finally starts to fade out the drunk preacher comes in 'till 10pm or later. After that skips done for the day and it's a dead channel until 8am or so the next day when 11111 guy fades back in !
like to know what kinda radio 1-1-1-1-1-1 has. i figured it woulda done let majic smoke out. at times here mid day we get music n news on 38lsb. seems conditions get good n freaks pop out of the woodwork

Hard rain off and on all day here. Finally caught a break a about 4pm ET so connected up the antenna. Hooked up with 605 BRAD in the Lonestar. Nice 20 minute QSO. Then Denver, St.George Utah, Honolulu. San Jose Calif, & Tucumcari, New Mexico. Conditions were up and down, but no trouble holding a good qso. called CQ-WDX many times but no takers. Thunder and lightning made me disconnect the antenna around 6:30 pm.

J.J. 399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.