• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 Meter Radios AM/SSB/FM

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
OK I've decided to consider buying one last mobile Cb 11 meter radio and this is the features I want it to have. AM/SSB /FM with USB connection and weather channels. I want it to work in this country with no mods done to it. What are my options and is there anything out there for around $300.00 or less?

OK I've decided to consider buying one last mobile Cb 11 meter radio and this is the features I want it to have. AM/SSB /FM with USB connection and weather channels. I want it to work in this country with no mods done to it. What are my options and is there anything out there for around $300.00 or less?

I'd go Anytone 6666. Mine has worked most states from Seattle, with a 5/8 mag mount Sirio. It has also been far more rugged than most Chinese stuff I've made the mistake of buying.

Well if I have to I could give up the USB connection and the weather channel.I have them in other options, but want to try FM. Maybe I need to wait awhile longer, I was wondering if anybody ever offered a GPS reading in a CB radio for emergency location?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Sounds like you will need two radios to get all those features. Just sit one on top of the other, and you are good to go
Yes what your saying is true but I want this for a mobile unit so I won't be stacking radios.The air waves around here are getting more quite all the time so I'm done with the base station environment at my home and will only try FM in the mobile atmosphere. Maybe I need to learn to be more patient and wait for the market to catch up. Thanks for the thoughts.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Was looking around on the internet at the McKinley from across the pond with FM and was wondering if their FM is going to work with our FM or is there a difference there also. If it would work with our FM how do you get your hands on a McKinley from across the pond. Bear in mind I'm not too free with giving out credit card numbers.

Was looking around on the internet at the McKinley from across the pond with FM and was wondering if their FM is going to work with our FM or is there a difference there also. If it would work with our FM how do you get your hands on a McKinley from across the pond. Bear in mind I'm not too free with giving out credit card numbers.

The McKinley for the European market has AM/FM/SSB & yes it will work 100% perfect here. I think it's able to cover many more frequencies as well due to multiple countries there use different channels.Here is the link for using that radio in " Export " mode.

https://delboyonline.blogspot.com/2019/05/president-mckinley-eu-export-mod.html

The McKinley for the European market has AM/FM/SSB & yes it will work 100% perfect here. I think it's able to cover many more frequencies as well due to multiple countries there use different channels.Here is the link for using that radio in " Export " mode.
Thanks for the info, all help appreciated !

Reactions: dxing.bruce
Thinking about buying the Anytone 5555, or 6666. Most web sites claim these as 50 watt + radios out of the box. is this true? A friend of mine bought one of Presidents new 10 meter radios that claimed 50 watts +, and it barely toped 20W.

Thinking about buying the Anytone 5555, or 6666. Most web sites claim these as 50 watt + radios out of the box. is this true? A friend of mine bought one of Presidents new 10 meter radios that claimed 50 watts +, and it barely toped 20W.
I was looking at these 2 radios also and wondering does anyone know how many amps do they draw to see if my power supply is big enough and my power wires in my vehicles ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated