• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter Scotland/England

SuperDave

Sep 10, 2012
Luling, La.
First over the seas contact for me this morning in the mobile! Scotland was rolling in left and right on 38LSB. I was able to make two confirmed contacts with Scotland and 1 to England. I was on my way to work and I didn't want to leave the truck! Before I got out of the truck there were two other stations calling my numbers, but with all the other DX coming in I couldn't get their numbers.

Needless to say it was a very successful 20 minute drive to work! :w00t:

even after you get your ham ticket, you may find that contacting Scotland on 20 or 40 meters is not as much fun as making the contact on 11 meters.
much more of a rare contact on 11.

LC

take the eham test over and over....tech and general....start with tech random questions until your passing tests at 95% or better....then do the general the same way. take the tech and once passed.... take the general....you might spend a few passes on the extra as well. if you pass the general take the extra. many questions are duplicated on various tests. both tech and general are not hard you just need to be able to pass them on eham or ?? where ever you study. I took several study test on several webpages....get the passing grades on a couple web tests on tech test, then do the same on others.... go pass both and never look back.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.