• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter silence

I am about 60 miles north of Toronto and hear and can talk to a few stations but the rest is in my static level and in my area its been dead, was booming around 6 years ago

Reactions: murdog and walterjn
On a Saturday night when the wind is from the north on channel 19, just stones throw from the Dallas Pike TA exit 11 I-70 in West Virginia. You may here the immortal, "I ain't got no panties on.." breaking the silence.

Well, I went thru there Tuesday, but missed the Valentines Day Women’s Lingerie Sale y’all were holding.

Were the used ones very much higher in price?

I am about 60 miles north of Toronto and hear and can talk to a few stations but the rest is in my static level and in my area its been dead, was booming around 6 years ago

From what I can tell, & have been hearing, it will get better. This past week I have heard New Mexico, Texas, Florida, one station from New Zealand, & a station from Sao Paulo Brazil. Skip has been getting better lately, it does seem to be sporadic though. Last year at this time I didn't hear this much skip.

:LOL: I-95 as the " Crow Fly's " is about 3 miles from my House . I can hear the trucks go by @ night . When there is no action I go to 19 , it's been a long time since I've heard a driver ! :whistle: Years back I would monitor & drivers would be asking for directions , with GPS Navigation us " Local Yocal's " are out of business . :ROFLMAO:
I heard a bunch of drivers on 19 today. A car wreck had the highway partially closed, and I could hear them talking about it for 15-20 miles after I worked my way past it.

I've also been hearing locals on 21, and talked to a few of them.

I heard a bunch of drivers on 19 today. A car wreck had the highway partially closed, and I could hear them talking about it for 15-20 miles after I worked my way past it.

I've also been hearing locals on 21, and talked to a few of them.

This is why one NEEDS a WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO CLEARSPEAKER when mobile. Pulling gold from the straw farther than others means:

1). better choices,
2). more choices,
3). and best preparation.

No matter the outcome, all the big trucks are now forced into a funnel restricting choice. It becomes such that NO choice will be good, all will enact WEEKLY earnings penalties once general awareness is achieved 5-10/miles out.

Hearing it ahead of others is like having a severe storm warning at hand. One can act when local roads, rest areas, truck stops and other are in the calm. As just ahead, there will be drivers making severe changes to their trip plan. Others trying to go around. Still more just sitting in futility.

This is when CB is a tool. And knowing proper use also means having ears that can hear farthest. 15-25/miles

Preservation
of momentum is at stake. The limitations on available daily and weekly driving hours is a crucial understanding.

Why should a civilian care? A serious road incident means that commercial traffic will be out of sorts. Irritated. Thus the same dilemma

Time to use an alternate. Stop for the day. Take a nap. Buy fuel and have a leisurely dinner. Dessert, too.

Last edited:
This is why one NEEDS a WEST MOUNTAIN RADIO CLEARSPEAKER when mobile. Pulling gold from the straw farther than others means:

1). better choices,
2). more choices,

No matter the outcome, all the big trucks are now forced into a funnel restricting choice. It becomes such that NO choice will be good, all will enact WEEKLY earnings penalties once general awareness is achieved 5-10/miles out.

Hearing it ahead of others is like having a severe storm warning at hand. One can act when local roads, rest areas, truck stops and other are in the calm. As just ahead, there will be drivers making severe changes to their trip plan. Others trying to go around. Still more just sitting in futility.

This is when CB is a tool. And knowing proper use also means having ears that can hear farthest. 15-25/miles

Preservation
of momentum is at stake. The limitations on available daily and weekly driving hours is a crucial understanding.

Why should a civilian care? A serious road incident means that commercial traffic will be out of sorts. Irritated. Thus the same dilemma

Time to use an alternate. Stop for the day. Take a nap. Buy fuel and have a leisurely dinner. Dessert, too.
Agreed. Fortunately I know a good way around, and realized that something was up before passing the last exit.

1). better choices,
2). more choices,

Preservation

$219 is pretty steep. I keep looking at it, but just can't see the expense right now. Wanting to find one in action. Gotta hear it work before I buy

Dodge 3500 4x4 with a 5" exhaust is loud mutha. The drone is almost brain shaking. Gave up on the stereo unless windows are rolled up, same for squawkbox. Maybe when replacement of clutch fan is complete the AC will work again and I can roll windows up. I just crank the CB to WOT if anything is breaking.

Being deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other doesn't help either. Keep telling myself to grow up and get a 5" muffler, but the 50 year old kid still likes glass packs and straight exhaust. :D

$219 is pretty steep. I keep looking at it, but just can't see the expense right now. Wanting to find one in action. Gotta hear it work before I buy

Dodge 3500 4x4 with a 5" exhaust is loud mutha. The drone is almost brain shaking. Gave up on the stereo unless windows are rolled up, same for squawkbox. Maybe when replacement of clutch fan is complete the AC will work again and I can roll windows up. I just crank the CB to WOT if anything is breaking.

Being deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other doesn't help either. Keep telling myself to grow up and get a 5" muffler, but the 50 year old kid still likes glass packs and straight exhaust. :D

It’s more valuable than the radio. (Any CB/Export needs the help. Any).

When the audio chain is cleaned up like Kenwood took a crack at it, your chrome-cased, flamethrowin’ Cobra will be born again.

Let them who have ears, hear.

(As to the exhaust, yeah, doesn’t make more power than with 4.0”. Actually loses velocity midway back with the stock rpm range. Have the wind it past 3k to work (race motor). A resonator will help cut some of the worst. I used a lower backpressure but stock sound level ROKKTECH and moved a resonator forward of that).

It’s not the speaker, per se. The Uniden BC-20 is a great $30 choice.

It’s the adjustable filtration. (The WM speaker w/o DSP is $70).

This is a no-regret choice. You don’t like it, I’ll buy it from you. I’m slowly putting together an outstanding mobile AM/SSB rig for my son and that DSP speaker is part of it (I today ordered the SIRIO 5000 mag-mount for that package; and another RM ITALY KL203).

Have a set of headphones you can plug into the front of the ClrSpkr to determine how much is you versus how much is the DSP speaker. I’m told there’s nothing simple about hearing loss (an audiologist of my acquaintance; and the onset of tinnitus in a church choral director whom I much admire ending his career).

Don’t be in a big hurry to decide once you have it. I’m imagining your drill pipe antenna will make things clear. And that may take time in itself. No hurry on my end.

Last edited:
Reactions: S&W357 and walterjn
The 1st generation is the easiest to turn up. Couple modified homebuilt parts on that P pump and they will scream.

My 2nd generation ate up pumps due to pusher pump, which actually pulled through 9 feet of tubing causing failure. Six hp pumps and 9 lift pumps later I sold it.

This one has not failed a pump yet. Do need to replace injectors. But, have alot of other work needed. Including getting one of my radios installed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.