• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter ssb question

Is there a access road to the repeater site?
My friend Tracy used to drive up to the lookout below Meadow Lakes east of Fresno and park right below the repeaters.
Talk about a hot spot!

Jeff
Depends on which repeater you/others are trying to hit. There are quite a few spots on different peaks along the range. Since the range runs east and west it covers a lot of distance. But ya there are roads that go up to the antennas.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Depends on which repeater you/others are trying to hit. There are quite a few spots on different peaks along the range. Since the range runs east and west it covers a lot of distance. But ya there are roads that go up to the antennas.
Lol
No, not to hit the repeater. He was up there talking on his FT-101 in his old Chevy truck!
He could cover the entire Valley from up there, you can sit up there and look west and see the coastal range.
4,500 feet of elevation under your antenna is a big advantage.
I sometimes go over to Mount Bullion and sit at a spot below the repeater site that is about 3500 feet.
I can easily work 150+ miles from the mobile up there.
There is another spot over on Guadalupe grade on highway 140.
I have parked up there and talked to 1-800Toll Free when he lived down so-cal almost 200 miles away.

Jeff

Lol
No, not to hit the repeater. He was up there talking on his FT-101 in his old Chevy truck!
He could cover the entire Valley from up there, you can sit up there and look west and see the coastal range.
4,500 feet of elevation under your antenna is a big advantage.
I sometimes go over to Mount Bullion and sit at a spot below the repeater site that is about 3500 feet.
I can easily work 150+ miles from the mobile up there.
There is another spot over on Guadalupe grade on highway 140.
I have parked up there and talked to 1-800Toll Free when he lived down so-cal almost 200 miles away.

Jeff
Ah ok…I see now!! LOL

I wanted to drive up there but with my luck conditions would fall off.

There is a guy near Big Bear that sounds real good down here. All he has is a Wilson 5k on top of a old fridge. Makes the 70 mile trip with ease because of the altitude.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.