• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meters is rolling at 1228am?

been out & about all AM, only dr soul & 12 guage making any noise out of FL. otherwise, pretty quiet on 11m. the spotters saying 10 & 6 beginning to awaken in lower lattitudes, still waiting for big sigs in the north. the armstrong-turned beam has yet hear anything on 50.125, and it's facing '4-land' at the moment.
waiting for 'oyo' to change class....

11m is slamming in here in MI. Just got beams up at around 24-26ft. Hearing windjammer on ch.20, even with beams pointed in opposite direction LOL One day my weak little station will be heard LOL

11m is slamming in here in MI. Just got beams up at around 24-26ft. Hearing windjammer on ch.20, even with beams pointed in opposite direction LOL One day my weak little station will be heard LOL

shoulda been on 10m.....;-), that's where the 11m guys are going to.
spoke to danny in indy there, AK1, & another mutual friend of **** in FL.....

I knew I should have 2!!! it's funny though, most of the time when 11m is hoppin, I have NOTHING on 10m. Definitely gonna check 10m after I do a little on .385 tomorrow

10 meters is a ghost frequency.

1845Z 4/24, spoke to a '0' somewhere near denver on 28.477 while calling a '6' in the FL qso party. i was mobile on '1'/'2' border near water. he may have been scatter as opposed to E skip cuz FL station gave him 57, i gave him, generously 21, and at the time was only hearing '4's'. didn't write down his call, was driving.
right after my original post on this thread, 6 & 10 opened here, had plenty of '0' and '5's' on both bands at the base. no CO though.
tremendous storms last nite, heavy rain right now, 6 & 10 are ghost towns. FL on 11m though. 20 has plenty of noise.....air noise, signals hard to copy right now.

It's been rolling into south Texas all week! Like they say - "Come early, be loud, and stay late".

'861 - Down around the Alamo'-where's 'old man 3-4'? he still kickin' down round 'sunny (or rainy) san antonio texas'? talked to him for YEARS on 26.835. have only caught him a handful of times in past 6 or 7 years, and not recently, mostly on 6 or 11.

'861 - Down around the Alamo'-where's 'old man 3-4'? he still kickin' down round 'sunny (or rainy) san antonio texas'? talked to him for YEARS on 26.835. have only caught him a handful of times in past 6 or 7 years, and not recently, mostly on 6 or 11.

:whistle::love::w00t: the little superbowl:LOL:

Thought I might have heard him, old man 3-4 today. I know I heard some San Antonio DX down on those frequencies.
Had some fun today in other places. Connected with New Mexico, 505 Wile E Coyote, and with 383 Bombero, on ch 35 today. I was using the 3el Yagi I recently put together.

I had a few other good contacts today, too. There was a New York Romeo Tango 151 on 27.385, and I was logged in as a guest with the Radio Canada group with RC02 out of Winnipeg during their check-in on 27.385 tonight.
More I didn't log.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.