• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11111111111 on 38 lsb. WTH???

In a story as old as radio.....

If you just sit on 38 it's like sitting at the front table to the comedy club.
All the nuts hang on 38 because they know they have an audience.
Just bounce around a bit and let them babble to the masses and you can work Dx.
You can use the zeros, you'd be surprised the difference from 5 kc's down and how plugged up it is on .385

Jeff

In a story as old as radio.....

If you just sit on 38 it's like sitting at the front table to the comedy club.
All the nuts hang on 38 because they know they have an audience.
Just bounce around a bit and let them babble to the masses and you can work Dx.
You can use the zeros, you'd be surprised the difference from 5 kc's down and how plugged up it is on .385

Jeff
I totally agree. I honestly never go to 38. I'll work 37 and 39 or as low as 35. And will also QSO up on 41 or there abouts. And yes, great idea with the 5kc shift!!

dont skip the blood bath on 6,i sometimes go below to talk n 6 blood runs way down there too.
there has been assholes on radio sonce the early 70s
we have in past years had local farmers using cb for communications. they stuck to a certain channel.
in town a cb club started a channel hopper thing every weekend.
the farmers were trying to catch a mad bull that escaped. they asked politely to get off the channel because of trying to capture the bull. hell no the hoppers were deadset on making new friends. anyhow when a guy was trying to get a couple guys to help him the hoppers tied the channel up. the guy couldnt get help. the bull got him. after that and not mentioning names but when any farmers were in the house they would chase the hoppers n key down on them. few other things happened too. channel hoppers quit too

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I will take the 11111111111 guy any day over the Sky Banger 59 (N7END) ! Sky Banger is a total POS and ties up and locks in 38LSB on a daily basis because he has no job and no life.

Arizona has been dominating my radio. And yes Sky Banger has it mostly locked down on 38 spewing nonsense. I think the 1111... guy/gal starts going at it when Sky Banger is flapping his lips.

Anyway, I have been on the other sideband channels including 41 and up. Have not heard anybody on 16 LSB yet, and skip has been rolling hard from the west to NC for a long time now. Still having a good time...I don't have to get on 38.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated