1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

11m skip

Discussion in 'Interesting DX Contacts' started by Bandit1, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Bandit1

Bandit1 Active Member

Ya ik 11m is not ham
    But I made a contact with some guy
    In Panama City Beach from Alabama
    Bearcat some one
    Neway he heard me for a min then gone
    First DX on my Cobra 29

Cahtrina likes this.

2. Slowmover

Slowmover Sr. Member

Depending where I am in the country, the hours clustered around sunset can overwhelm my rig with skip. Crackhead Beach, FL or (my favorite) the girls at Exit 87 BBQ in Jackson, TN.

Am still stuck with a poor antenna mount location on this Peterbilt, but changing to a TOP GUN TEC stud, WILSON SS spring and 5’ SKIPSHOOTER gets me about 4” above the trailer. I can hear fairly well (thank you, West Mountain Radio).

But the only ones I can genuinely irritate are close by. Durn!

44B99679-185F-4580-BA65-B1EA4A0D2200.jpeg

undertaker and Bandit1 like this.
  3. Highway Man

Highway Man Active Member

the BBQ hut was running a Galaxy 99

Slowmover likes this.
  4. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Catching a little hurricane skip on most channels. I just can't seem to get out in my mobile.

5. fogdog

fogdog Well-Known Member

East Tennessee been dead over here for weeks. Got my son all outfitted with a new radio, and had a few good QSO's, while he drove home for work, and now its dead. Thats conditions for ya.:(