• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

12 meter popularity ???

B

BOOTY MONSTER

is the 12 meter coverage on the 29xx radios used much , or is it kind of wasted bandwidth on those exports ?

I was tickled pink when they first started making the 10/12 meter models.

I enjoy 12 when it's open. We also have a few that ragchew locally.

Google DX SUMMIT,click band spots and you will be able to see who and where stations that are using 24 mhz,I have been working JA.s and some good longhaul dx on 12 meters,it gets buzy during contests also because there is no contesting on 12 meters,and your 10/11 meter verticals work great on 12 meters also with a tuner.

73 Chris.s

The 12m band is very popular and we Hams often use it when 10m is busy, or even a local net thing.

The skip on 12m is often as much on 10m, as it will continue when 10m begins to fade.
But you must have your General license to use it; not for the tech grade.
10m is really a great freq when it is open and a LOT of tech grades use it often.
Gets very crowded.

This morning, Denmark, Ireland, Kuwait and Northern Africa on 12m as well as the normal contacts I get to England. Very often the 10m dx will go back and forth to 12 and also 15,18 when those bands are up. Around 4am eastern some are working 40m to states.

The 12m band is very popular and we Hams often use it when 10m is busy, or even a local net thing.

The skip on 12m is often as much on 10m, as it will continue when 10m begins to fade.
But you must have your General license to use it; not for the tech grade.
10m is really a great freq when it is open and a LOT of tech grades use it often.
Gets very crowded.

didn't know about needing the general to talk on 12 , hadn't herd that before .thanks for the the important tip (y)

not to be a wise ass but I have talked there on 27.395 lower side for the last 3 months, no license needed and no high powered ham radio either, so please give me the advantages of a license, please, my Connex CX566SB makes the trip really well and just a 200 dollar radio new

I've recently been hearing a fair number of Spanish speaking stations (whom I presume to be in Mexico or Latin America) clustered around 24.635, 24.776 and 25.005. Comms are in SSB, and given the number of roger beeps associated with the transmissions I doubt they're government or commercial in nature.

not to be a wise ass but I have talked there on 27.395 lower side for the last 3 months, no license needed and no high powered ham radio either, so please give me the advantages of a license, please, my Connex CX566SB makes the trip really well and just a 200 dollar radio new

27.395 is not 12 meters, it is 11 meters (CB channel 39)

I've recently been hearing a fair number of Spanish speaking stations (whom I presume to be in Mexico or Latin America) clustered around 24.635, 24.776 and 25.005. Comms are in SSB, and given the number of roger beeps associated with the transmissions I doubt they're government or commercial in nature.

Most likely using an RCI rig, such as a 2994DX, 2950DX, 2970DX and so on.

Unless there is another Ham HF rig out there that has a roger beep and can do 12m.

Doubtful that it is a Yaesu, Icom, or Kenwood - lol!

:D;):whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.