• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

121.5 Mhz

The Kenwood TH-F6A tri-bander has a wideband receiver that covers pretty much everything from .1Mhz to 1.2Ghz (except for the usual cellular blockage). It supports AM/USB/LSB/NFM/WFM and the mode is user-selectable from the keypad. I've had mine tuned to the aircraft band before so I know it works (though I couldn't hear very much with it at my home -- I'm a little too far from SFO).

The radio has two receivers. The first only works on the 144/220/440 bands in FM mode only, however the other can be tuned anywhere in any mode. You can also have both receivers on simultaneously and listen to two frequencies at once (i.e. you can listen to two different repeaters, or listen to your favorite repeater while also listening to the aircraft band).

Once I got this HT, I had very little use for my scanner.

And it doesn't cost a mint. I think it goes for around $300 at HRO. You can find them used for less.

-Bill

My FT60 will receive AM aero band, but it will not transmit. I have the local airport freqs programed into it. It's boring around here ;)

It doesn't even have a power cord or an antenna. I can correct those problems quite easily though. One more toy to play with. I love it.

Have a blessed day,
Harold

Well my Bearcat 20/20 arrived today and I had a power code that fit perfectly but the antenna was cut off at the top of the scanner. Finally got the cover off and tried one of at least 8 different antenna's that I have here and none of them fit. There is a antenna jack in the rear and I know I have that type of plug somewhere but can't find it so Im headed for Radio Shack to buy one. I just set one of my antennas on the board where it's supposed to connect, pressed AIRCRAFT and SCAN and now Im listening to 133.325 Mhz and it is busy. What I can't believe is the quality of the incoming signal. It is sharp, clear and super clean. I am going to have a ball with this scanner. I'll run a piece of coax out the back of it and just let it hang out the window. Thanks to Towerdog I have a new toy. :laugh:

Harold

Well my Bearcat 20/20 arrived today and I had a power code that fit perfectly but the antenna was cut off at the top of the scanner. Finally got the cover off and tried one of at least 8 different antenna's that I have here and none of them fit. There is a antenna jack in the rear and I know I have that type of plug somewhere but can't find it so Im headed for Radio Shack to buy one. I just set one of my antennas on the board where it's supposed to connect, pressed AIRCRAFT and SCAN and now Im listening to 133.325 Mhz and it is busy. What I can't believe is the quality of the incoming signal. It is sharp, clear and super clean. I am going to have a ball with this scanner. I'll run a piece of coax out the back of it and just let it hang out the window. Thanks to Towerdog I have a new toy. :laugh:

Harold

I fixed my antenna by taking a screw about the same size as the tube, cutting the head off and pushing and turning it in, then put heat shrink over the splice. I actually fixed several antennas this way and it works good.

The antenna that came with mine was busted right off at the case level. I took the rest of it out and using an antenna that I have had for years I put a screw on the end using a washer and nut and then another washer and nut on the bottom once I had it in pace. Tightened them all down real tight and it works great. I finally got something off E-Bay worth keeping. :whistle:

Have a blessed day,
Harold

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.