• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

12v to 16v

2 things.

Just because someone has too much available drive does not mean they will be using all of it. There is such a thing as turning the drive down. This is an analog system right? Dynamic headroom.

Why can't someone read a couple kw on a DOSY with 6 pills? It might not be a couple useful kw and will definately not work any better than the 300-400 pep watts 6 X 2SC2879 makes without dirt but why not?
Look at RADAR power amps. Very short duty cycle and lots of peak power from the same devices that make about 10 times less on phone.

If someone owns an amp just to make a meter swing even thought it's total crap why fight over it?

2 things.

Just because someone has too much available drive does not mean they will be using all of it. There is such a thing as turning the drive down. This is an analog system right? Dynamic headroom.

Why can't someone read a couple kw on a DOSY with 6 pills? It might not be a couple useful kw and will definately not work any better than the 300-400 pep watts 6 X 2SC2879 makes without dirt but why not?
Look at RADAR power amps. Very short duty cycle and lots of peak power from the same devices that make about 10 times less on phone.

If someone owns an amp just to make a meter swing even thought it's total crap why fight over it?

If the couple kilowatts of dirty power is no more effective than the 300-400 watts of clean power then why not run the clean power? You end up with components that are going to last longer, less power supply requirements, and less interference caused. All driving the shit out of an amp to see big numbers on a meter does is stroke one's ego and makes him feel good. The only one being fooled is the operator that runs his amps that way and thinks he is really making those kinds of watts.

Radar is a different story altogether. It is not a modulated signal that has to be detected and demodulated into an audible signal.

Well at least he was half right about the learning part. :laugh:

He reminds me of someone...

28mcpk5.png

2 things.

Exactly !!!!!!! Dont matter if its reading 50KW on a dosy or 10 watts on a bird as long as its running efficient....! You can over drive a lawn mower....!

A 1.5 watt radio swinging 8 watts into a box with 1X2290 driving 2x2SC2879's..... that keying 25 watts into an amp with 6x2SC2879's ??? it shows 2 or 300 watt dead key and swings 850...900 lasted me until I sold it !!! 5 plus years of using it every single day...??? Then when I was 100+ miles from home and my buddies with 8 element quads at 100+ feet needed me to turn up the drive a lil I drove the shit outta it?? As long and it wasnt at max dead key and swinging backwards who cares what it showed on a dosy as long as it was running??

It really makes no difference to me what meter I'm checking it with and what its shows as long as my swr is low,it looks good on the meter?? Below is a link from Dave Made??? I mean seriously would one really expect a 6 pill to do 2400 watts???

6-Pill 2sc2879

.....:bdh:

well that 3 pill should drive the snot out the 6pill
if your wanting some more out the mobile just sell the 6 and buy a straight 8pill
and use the 3 for the driver (cruise it)

I havent bought anything yet?? I was just seeking advise... Read the original post???? I wanted a 3 driving 6 like I used to have wanted to know how to achieve 16 volts........! I was after input???

THEY ARE RASING CAIN ABOUT ME DRIVING THE 6 PILL WITH A 3 PILL....! IT USED TO WORK GREAT???? IF THATS NOT THE CASE I WONT GO THAT ROUTE??? i WAS SEEKING INPUT NOT TORTURE!!!:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

I havent bought anything yet?? I was just seeking advise... Read the original post???? I wanted a 3 driving 6 like I used to have wanted to know how to achieve 16 volts........! I was after input???

THEY ARE RASING CAIN ABOUT ME DRIVING THE 6 PILL WITH A 3 PILL....! IT USED TO WORK GREAT???? IF THATS NOT THE CASE I WONT GO THAT ROUTE??? i WAS SEEKING INPUT NOT TORTURE!!!:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang:headbang

You were seeking input then came out telling us all we are wrong. Just cause you think it worked great is subjective, using 2-2290's would make it work better, last longer and sound better. You can say what ever you like, you came for input you got it now you don't like what you are hearing, tought tittie. The Davemade link lists PEP watts in fact that isnt even a Davemade site it is Cherry Popper from Virginia who peddles them.

Exactly !!!!!!! Dont matter if its reading 50KW on a dosy or 10 watts on a bird as long as its running efficient....! You can over drive a lawn mower....!

Thats the whole point a 3 pill into a 6 pill isnt efficient. you drive a 1x2 with 8 watts it is gonna do 500 pep on stock volts. driving that into 6 pills isnt efficient, swinging from 1.5 watts to 8 watts is gonna splatter like a pig, listen to those of us who have done this for years you have no idea who is behind the keyboard.

Thats the whole point a 3 pill into a 6 pill isnt efficient. you drive a 1x2 with 8 watts it is gonna do 500 pep on stock volts. driving that into 6 pills isnt efficient, swinging from 1.5 watts to 8 watts is gonna splatter like a pig, listen to those of us who have done this for years you have no idea who is behind the keyboard.

Well how is it that a 1x2 will do 500 pep and I got laughed at for saying a 6 pill would do 1200??
Thanx for letting me know who's behind the keyboard?? If u looking for sum atta boy I'm not the guy:) I'm an over achiever in my field as well...But u dont see me bragging :unsure:

Beg to differ. Had a Bo Made 3 pill into a Bo Made 6 pill!! Ran the ever living SHIT out of it for 5 or 6 years. Only thing I ever did to it was have him add a variable cap so I could tune it. 1x2290 into 2x2879 (3 pill) into a strait 6 pill. did about 1500 ona dosy..!! Great great setup..

Well how is it that a 1x2 will do 500 pep and I got laughed at for saying a 6 pill would do 1200??
Thanx for letting me know who's behind the keyboard?? If u looking for sum atta boy I'm not the guy:) I'm an over achiever in my field as well...But u dont see me bragging :unsure:

Actually you said 1500 watts not 1200 and even 500 from a two pill is not realistic.

I dont think you got laughed at for saying a 6 pill will do 1200 watts, I think you got laughed at for sayin you want to drive 500 pep to achieve 1200 pep. Now thats funny shit. I am not bragging at all, you came out here like piss and vinegar telling us all how to do it. I also dont need a atta boy from some guy who dont know much about CB's and amps. I was just trying to inform you I know alot more about this than you do. What field are you in CB? Cause thats all that is relevant around here. You wanna bring up your King ding aling of something perhaps you can do it on that forum. For now your playing my game and I am holding a full house. I tried to help you in a nice way my first post but since your a not know it all I hope you blow your amp up first key, I would derive nothing but pleasure from knowing that. Now can you dig that sucka...

Actually you said 1500 watts not 1200 and even 500 from a two pill is not realistic.

Really, well how about you tell us what is realistic for a Class C amp at 14 volts. I was actualy a little light I have seen 1x2 pills do over 1.2 kw Pep at 20+ volts. And yes that is into a antenna or dummy load and yes the first harmonic was 50 db down. And no it wasn't driven with anything other than a radio.

I dont think you got laughed at for saying a 6 pill will do 1200 watts, I think you got laughed at for sayin you want to drive 500 pep to achieve 1200 pep. Now thats funny shit. I am not bragging at all, you came out here like piss and vinegar telling us all how to do it. I also dont need a atta boy from some guy who dont know much about CB's and amps. I was just trying to inform you I know alot more about this than you do. What field are you in CB? Cause thats all that is relevant around here. You wanna bring up your King ding aling of something perhaps you can do it on that forum. For now your playing my game and I am holding a full house. I tried to help you in a nice way my first post but since your a not know it all I hope you blow your amp up first key, I would derive nothing but pleasure from knowing that. Now can you dig that sucka...

Takes one to know one. NA NA Boo Boo... Grow Up sucka :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.