• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

142 output

stingray

Dec 12, 2008
i have a 142 with a dial a watt.
all the way up it dead keys 10 with no swing, all the way down it keys 2 swings to 6. what is the problem here?
on SSB it kicks butt and swings well over 20.
Thanks for any ideas.

depending on whos been in it ? 2 to 6 sounds OK 10 watt DK no swing sounds way to much on AM. SSB sounds about right. It's kind of hard to tell other then having it looked at.

Depending on how it was tuned ? I just can't see a 10 watt DK on one of those. Maybe a 5 or 6 with a 20 watt swing or so with the variable all the way up. Wish I could tell you more. Good luck to you

the Cobra 142 should produce up to 20WPEP from 5W of Carrier on AM and between 25-30WPEP on SSB fully modulated into a 50ohm load. if you're making measurements with a peak reading wattmeter as you should be and it performs as you said then the transmitter and amc/alc circuits are out of alignment and mis-adjusted, respectively. there could be other problems too.

FreeCell I have a 142GTL and would like to know how to get it to what you said in your message. The 142 I've had for years and need to get the finals replaced first before I can get it set up for talking. I'd appreciate it if I could get mine set up like that.

Thanks wildfire365

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.