• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

142gtl receive issues

I found some other stuff and I think we crossed... so I did see this...

Found the issue d1 & 2 where shorted my recieve is back

Ok, one small step for Caps, one Giant leap for Farad....!!!:)
I recapped my 142gtl recently was working on receive before a full recap, i lost my receive i also verified my caps are not installed backwards any help would be appreciated.also forgot to mention when i turn volume all the way up i get this loud strange noise. where should i test in the radio ?

If the radio works to your satisfaction - then stop here...

As you already learned - work in steps and small areas.

You also have several mods to the radio also done, including a 8 V MB3756 Constant mod more than likely to the Clarifier...

Ok, everyone points out different things but I wanted to point out also the GOOD things that are going on here...
Your board...
upload_2021-10-30_19-44-36.png

But what I can see there are some spots that -
well, you say you lost receive, can be from UNSOLDERED or unfinished soldering work

upload_2021-10-30_19-57-32.png
You actually did pretty good here, just I worry with old solder and new parts - the older work around it adheres using the older stuff but you have newer solder that has a different flux composition.

So even though you "soldered it in" - you'll need to reflow - even reheat, reflow, remove and reheat and reflow FRESH solder in to attempt to re-wet the pad to accept the new component.

It's not just the board - it's also the component - you will have just as much trouble with parts the go in, but never connect because you couldn't tin the part - wet it - with enough good solder to make a viable connection.

Don't give up, you're doing fine.

Reactions: jimmy360

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1