• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148 gtl restore project

Well OP either buys the ones listed earlier in the thread or takes the advice of buying a parts radio and hoping for the best. Just because it doesn’t exactly the same doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not electrically.

Then the jokes started about parts and it was said about making a clone look alike. China parts are cheap that don’t work so I figured $4 was a good price. But we can sell them for much higher prices, that’s what some of the “heros” do.

Reactions: Rwb
I got ocean front property in arizoa ffor sale
Oh the golden gate bridge too,had to repo it,guy bought it for $50. Gave me a rubber check ,now its a bargain

Reactions: kaos513
Man! It's getting all Xmasy' in here...Red Greed (er, Green) - all kinds of dots...

Is there a SKITTLE'S outbreak going on out here?

Reactions: Rwb
There really is not a lot special about this part. It's just a silicon diode in a convenient package used to control the bias as temperature changes. Some manufacturers simply mount a 1N4001 diode right on the output transistor with some heat sink compound. Newer SSB CB radios appear to be using a 1N4148 diode that is glued to a mounting pad. Since most radios use two of these, measure the voltage drop across the good one and just pick a silicon diode with a similar voltage drop and thermally couple it to the part it is protecting. Align bias current after the repair.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.