• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The extra year she lived was still probably more than if she had turned down the transplant. I had a friend pass away last July who needed a lung and heart transplant but he was too high a risk to "waste" the organs..or so said the doctors.

Healthy major organs for transplants are hard to come by...Healthy people with stong heart and lungs aren't just dropping over dead to provide nice organs to transplant.

I'll bet that if you could ask her, she probably couldn't care less if her 'new' lungs belonged to a smoker or not. Too bad she couldn't have lasted another 20 years, but she got a year out of it, which was more than she had before.
Some of these 'headlines' are just too dumb to be believed...
- 'Doc

Too bad they cannot grow organs in the lab like they clone sheep.

They have, I saw a show on Discovery a couple months ago. They were "programming" stem cells to grow various parts like an ear as well as arteries. They also had some success with experimenting growing heart valves etc. Full blown organs are not that far away.

They have, I saw a show on Discovery a couple months ago. They were "programming" stem cells to grow various parts like an ear as well as arteries. They also had some success with experimenting growing heart valves etc. Full blown organs are not that far away.

I see the pic of the ear grown on the lab rats back.

I hope they do it asap....people are dying.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.