• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148Gtl alignment question

Yeah, I don't use that method to tune the last - or 'offset' - oscillator chain. I use a RF sampler with a dummy load hooked up to a freq counter to the radio's output; then keying the mic adjusting the AM oscillator coil first. Then I put a 1khz audio signal into the mic and then tune the LSB oscillator coil; then the USB oscillator variable cap last. Works for me; use this method on all of my alignments. Same results; different method. Sure I'm not the only one that does it that way . . .

Last edited:
did you even look at the service manual I left for you. if you look at the last page it has a clean layout showing the hookup locations.

did you even look at the service manual I left for you. if you look at the last page it has a clean layout showing the hookup locations.
Yes
yes its an older model,but i do not see tp 14 on my radio board.

Last edited:
it may be a resister that does not have the coating on the leg that is used for tp14 test point. some of the older radios would do that for a test point. if you look at the resisters one right in the location marked will be bare and shinny and not have a coating on it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.