• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

148GTL INTL Has anyone heard about this radio?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
Hi all,
I just stumbled across a youtube video review of a new 148GTL INTL edition.

very different board than the regular front mic 148 that is currently being made.

here is a link to the video:

it's not in english so i couldnt understand much, but i would really like to see any info on this radio that is in english.

if anyone out there has any info on this radio, please share.
LC

Hi all,
I just stumbled across a youtube video review of a new 148GTL INTL edition.

very different board than the regular front mic 148 that is currently being made.

here is a link to the video:

it's not in english so i couldnt understand much, but i would really like to see any info on this radio that is in english.

if anyone out there has any info on this radio, please share.
LC

Export version sold in Brazil

Reactions: LeapFrog
Here we go..........

Retro

Attachments

• Cobra 148 GTL INTL inside 1.JPG
    Cobra 148 GTL INTL inside 1.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Cobra 148 GTL INTL inside 2.jpg
    Cobra 148 GTL INTL inside 2.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Cobra 148 GTL INTL inside 3.jpg
    Cobra 148 GTL INTL inside 3.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Anytone at5555n inside full.jpg
    Anytone at5555n inside full.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
  • anytone-at-6666-inside.jpg
    anytone-at-6666-inside.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
looks to be very similar to the Anytone AT-5555N.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they are the same chassis, with different features enabled.
Now to see if we can find any service info on the anytone!

20150109_121948.jpg

LOL just noticed that you already included a pic of the anytone!
LC

here are some parts layouts and schematics, but no alignment info yet.

its for the south american clone of this chassis.
LC

Attachments

• ServiceManual_Hannover_BR9000_ENG.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Retro CB Guy
Cobra Radio's are junk today because they are made by Ranger for Cobra using the cheapest parts, poor design elements and no quality control at all. DO not buy anything with Cobra name on it today.

Any Technician praising any modern Cobra branded products or anything made by Ranger has one of the following going on. 1) Liar just wanting to make a living. 2) Senile and losing their mind. 3) Too young to remember how well radio's used to be built and what quality control is.

No one wants to know the truth and they all want to think they are buying the best radio ever. No one trying to make a living selling you anything is going to be honest about what they are selling since there nothing on the market that is well made or built to last. Everything built today is only about 1/3 as good as a 20 year old radio be it a CB or Black Box Radio.

Even the best values are garbage but there is always better and worse. There is not a modern FCC type approved CB that is worth owning on the market do not waste your money. For what you pay for a modern Cobra 148 you can almost afford an Anytone AT-6666, President Lincoln II, RCI2950DX. For a lot more money you can get a Stryker and while I think they are insanely over priced they are far better than a Ranger made Cobra!!! If you where one of my sons that is what I would tell you.

Modern Unidens are not easily modifiable, do not have good ear's, have very average audio and no power potential to speak of.

If you like Cobra SSB radio's try to get one from early 1990's when Uniden was still making them for Cobra and pay to have it recapped and aligned!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
What I would love to see in this hobby is a manufacturer that didn't ride on the name of past radios. It's not a 148, it never will be, so why not call it something else. To use the name of a well known radio, IMO, is a shady market strategy that makes me avoid the product all together. But, there will be suckers (no offense). One thing is for sure... If I came out with a GOOD radio, I wouldn't name it after another radio. I will NEVER buy a radio that steals the name of another.

If there is a positive here it's this. The newer USA Cobra 148's suck, since the Anytone seems to be a decent radio maybe this radio will act and perform more like an Anytone.

Reactions: Pez

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    No conditions woodstown NJ.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place