• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

15 meters open here today

15 CW has been working fine for me every day for a couple of weeks. Hearing Japan and Australia right now.

Are you going to try Japan?
That would be a good contact.
been so busy in the shop this summer I did not spend much time on the bands. So I have not heard much from 15 meters in a while. Was out in the shack a few minutes ago and 15 is dead hear. Even CW.

Going to have to get back on myself. Quit spending so much time working.

Are you going to try Japan?
That would be a good contact.
been so busy in the shop this summer I did not spend much time on the bands. So I have not heard much from 15 meters in a while. Was out in the shack a few minutes ago and 15 is dead hear. Even CW.

Going to have to get back on myself. Quit spending so much time working.

In the past 4 days I've logged 37 JAs on 15cw. Generally, the only time I will call a JA is if he's in a city (JCC) or gun (JCG) I don't have confirmed yet for those two JARL awards. Of those 37 QSOs, I managed 4 new cities and 2 new guns.

Think of Japan in the same terms as the USA:

We have "states" (50 of them). Japan has "prefectures" (47 of them).

We have "cities". So does Japan. However, a "city" in Japan has to have a certain minimum population. US cities don't generally have any population minimum requirements.

If a Japanese "population center" doesn't have enough people to qualify as a "city", it's considered a "town" or "village".

We have "counties". Japan has "guns" (pronounced "goons"). A gun may contain several cities.

JARL has quite a few awards. WAJA is for working all 47 prefectures; very similar to WAS.

I'm working (on again, off again) on the JCC (Japan Century Cities) and JCG (Japan Century Guns) awards. Currently I'm at 523 cities and 319 guns.

You can get current city/gun lists from the JARL website, if you're interested.

Hey Beetle!

Very Nice Post !!!!
Thanks for the great info. Thats stuff I never knew or heard of before. Worked lots of JA's VK's, JO's on 50mhz in the last solar cycle.
New QTH here. We'll see what happens, But real Good stuff on the Japan Geo !
Joe K0TRT
jwhawg

I remember 15m. :cry: One of my favourite bands. I used to enjoy working a lot of African stations on 15m. A lot of those stations were missionaries. Right now I am QRT big time.The shack is history as I once knew it and in the long slow process of a refit. :headbang The ceiling is to be painted,the carpet replaced with wood flooring and everything between is to be redone. On an upside I found a local place that sells wall maps in just about any size you want. I plan to pick up a National Geographic laminated world map 48" by 72" when I am finished. (y) They make them up to 8.5 feet by 13.5 feet! :drool:

Ah Man! QRT? hope not for long. I was qrt for about 5 years here until last year about this time. Re-setting up is not fun, but new chalenges with new tower location and instalations, grounds, 2700ft of radial wires under the ground mounted vetical, etc. Still way fun for me.
Nice on the map. That would be cool. A wall sized map.
Well good luck with it all. Maybe we can sched sometime on 15m or ??
73 Joe K0TRT(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.