• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1999 Cobra 29 nw st soundtracker trim pod list

RUG

Apr 15, 2020
I recently took a cobra 29 nw st sound track and did the D-24 snip and L7,L8 trim pod mod. In my haste I turned the L9 trim pod as well. I also broke the first cardinal rule of working on anything and did not write down all the settings before altering. I was wondering if anyone might have a list of what trim pod does what as I would like to make sure I haven't messed this thing up.

RUG,
L9 is one of the IF (intermediate frequency) amplifier tuning coils. Without the proper equipment, the best you could do with getting it back in tune is to locate a weak receive signal and slowly (very slowly using the correct fitting, non-metallic tool) peak that coil for the best receive signal.

David

Last edited:
RUG,
L9 is one of the IF (intermediate frequency) amplifier tuning coils. Without the proper equipment, the best you could do with getting it back in tune is to locate a weak receive signal and slowly (very slowly using the correct fitting, non-metallic tool) peak that coil for the best receive signal.

David
What equipment would I have to be able to access in order to get this back in line. Oh and thank you for the response.

RUG,
IF only the L9 coil adjustment was disturbed, a weak signal can be used and will most likely put the receive alignment into very usable condition. Mid band (or channel 19) should be used when peaking the coil.

For a proper complete receive alignment an RF Signal Generator (at minimum) is required.

David

RUG,
IF only the L9 coil adjustment was disturbed, a weak signal can be used and will most likely put the receive alignment into very usable condition. Mid band (or channel 19) should be used when peaking the coil.

For a proper complete receive alignment an RF Signal Generator (at minimum) is required.

David
Thank you so much Dave

Since this is the ham radio section you might post this in the cb section of the form. More people that do side work on cb radio's will see it that way. There are also many good people that can help you get that radio properly tuned without clipping things that should not be.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated