• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1st gen 2950 TX freq

9wire

Dec 20, 2016
Just got this radio, and everybody said I was off frequency on lsb, with my primitive equipment it looks like on channel 40 (for example) AM and USB tune easily, but lsb is 27.4032 with L28 screwed all the way in. Any ideas what to look for?

Works best to set the carrier-crystal trimmer coil for each mode. 10.695 for AM, 10.6925 for USB and 10.6975 for LSB.

Can't really set L27,28 and L29 by channel frequency alone. If either 10.24 crystal is off frequency, it can 'skew' the apparent setting of those three adjustments to one extreme.

And don't forget VR21. It gets set to make the PLL frequency the same in transmit mode as the center clarifier setting in receive mode.

Making sure VR21 and both the 10.24 MHz crystals are dead on frequency may help the L28 problem.

Reactions: Crawdad
Works best to set the carrier-crystal trimmer coil for each mode. 10.695 for AM, 10.6925 for USB and 10.6975 for LSB.

Can't really set L27,28 and L29 by channel frequency alone. If either 10.24 crystal is off frequency, it can 'skew' the apparent setting of those three adjustments to one extreme.

And don't forget VR21. It gets set to make the PLL frequency the same in transmit mode as the center clarifier setting in receive mode.

Making sure VR21 and both the 10.24 MHz crystals are dead on frequency may help the L28 problem.

I'm going to have to send it off then, I just don't have the equipment to get that far into it. If I did have the equipment I would be that much farther down the road before I realize I have no idea what I'm doing.

Reactions: Crawdad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated