• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

1st Opening to Europe

Savoir Faire

Jul 16, 2010
in many years on 10 meters and surprisingly just listening I heard Europe on 11 meter SSB also.

It appears there was a recent solar flare that shook things up enough to open the band to Europe from the East Coast of USA (Stateside as Europeans call it).

yes, a great band opening. i have been working europe (and south america) all day.

BTY. have you also heard the IDIOT working split?
TX 28.390.5 and RX up to 28.412!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21.5 Kc all to himself??:oops:what a LID.

i was on .400 calling cq and someone bitched because i was on HIS listening freq.:censored:
needless to say , i DIDN'T QSY

10/11 METER BAND OPENING

I heard a station from Australia last week one evening on channel 38 LSB working a station in the Bahamas.BOTH were VERY strong here in North Fla.I also heard the station on 28.390 working SPLIT as well about 30 minutes ago.He said he was going to check 12 & 15 meter conditions as well. ;)

SIX-SHOOTER

yes, a great band opening. i have been working europe (and south america) all day.

BTY. have you also heard the IDIOT working split?
TX 28.390.5 and RX up to 28.412!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21.5 Kc all to himself??:oops:what a LID.

i was on .400 calling cq and someone bitched because i was on HIS listening freq.:censored:
needless to say , i DIDN'T QSY

How do you get that he had 21.5 KHz all to himself? It looks to me like he had about the same as anyone else working split. Sure he was listening quite wide but it wasn't like the band was really packed with stations stacked up all along that bandwidth calling him. I'll bet as "busy" as the band was it was still pretty quiet over all.

How do you get that he had 21.5 KHz all to himself?... Sure he was listening quite wide...

like i said : "i was on .400 calling cq and someone bitched because i was on HIS listening freq.:censored:"

anyone that works a WIDE split like that IS a LID.

they aren't even following their own published operating plan. To Interested DXers – 10/10/10 | DX-World

the DXCC desk won't even accept/reconize a SABA island contact as a DX entity until 1 JAN 2011.

250 miles?

heck, even tho he was technically "in" the carribian,............... he was only about 250 miles away from you.:headbang

I live at the Fla/Ga border near JERKSONVILLE,FLA! NO ISLANDS that close to me that I'm aware of? :confused:

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.