• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2:1 match? How?

I built a two element quad. I did go with the 75 ohm Q section and have had good results.

The project was discussed herehttp://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-antennas/34020-2-element-quad.html

Ah, OK. I posted on that thread, I thought maybe this was something new you were doing. Yep, the 75 ohm Q section does work well with the spacing that gives 100-125 ohm feedpoint impedance. You can build a 2 ele DE/REF quad to give a good direct match to 50 ohms, you know. I forget what spacing needs to be used- .125 wl I think, but I'd have to look it up.

The 20 meter j-pole is doing well, by the way. I'm Jones'n for more gain again though. The house is getting a new roof later this month, will decide what to put up after that.

Rick

I have a five-band, 2 element quad. I run a single RG-213 from the shack, up the tower and to a remote coax switch. From the switch there are five RG-11 matching sections: 1/4 wavelength for 20/17/15 and 3/4 wavelength for 12/10 (one quarter wavelength would be too short to allow free rotation of the antenna on these bands).

Works just fine.

I bought one of Cubex' matching transformers when I originally built the quad, but it was either defective or just a joke. It couldn't take the full 100 watts from my rig (!) so I came up with the remote coax switch idea. Got a refund from Cubex, though.

I bought the boom-to-mast clamps and the spiders from Cubex as well, but I used heavy surfcasting rod blanks that were considered defective for cosmetic reasons (that's fine - they're fifty feet in the air and nobody can see the "problems").

"Is there an easily made, non ferrite cored balun or other system that will match down from 100 to 50 ohms, that is, a 2:1 match?"

yeah, a 75 ohm 1/4 wave matching section, any number of odd electrical quarter waves in length.
Is that the same thing Jazzsinger is referring too?:confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.