• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 Dup/diplexers for 2m repeater?

MrClean

Mar 11, 2016
PA
Has anyone used 2 to get there desired split? And if so where how would you hook them together and what do you put on the open connectors?

If I can use 2 of the $100 China ones and good connection coax I was thinking this may work to get a 600khz split (or 1mhz if easier.) I am still open to 2 antennas and radios spread 65' apart if need be.

I plan on a simple 10w repeater using 2 Motorola GM300's and Idom IV.

Last edited:

you do not want a DI-plexer, they are for cross band operations, for same band splits, you need a DU-plexer,
yeah, certain manufacturers (particularly COMET) use the incorrect terms too.

any well made COMMERCIAL cavity will do what you need, most AMATEUR cavities are, quite frankly POS's, that use Nickel and/or chrome plated connectors.

YMMV

you do not want a DI-plexer, they are for cross band operations, for same band splits, you need a DU-plexer,
yeah, certain manufacturers (particularly COMET) use the incorrect terms too.

any well made COMMERCIAL cavity will do what you need, most AMATEUR cavities are, quite frankly POS's, that use Nickel and/or chrome plated connectors.

YMMV

To clarify my question better, has anyone on here used 2 of the 4-6 cavity mobile duplexers to get band split desired and how do you link the unused connections for the unused part of the split?

I don't mind running 2 antennas and just running a VERY low loss coax to the further one (I got some 1/2" Heliax laying here)..

Or do/can you dummy load the unused portion?

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.