• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 element wire moxon!!!

Buffalo

Jan 2, 2023
Hey folks,
I used an online calculator for this. The moxon antenna has always sparked my interest. I have built a couple of Yagis and my 4 element is up in the air as I write this listening to Australia blasting in here at the moment. Been up there for some time and definitely outperforms my Sirio 2016 for DX. Otherwise no idea how good it is.

That aside, I had some 14awg wire laying around and thought okay let’s do this. Did the calculations and decided, before I committed to building a frame for it, I would string it up in the yard and see what I had. Wasn’t sure about anything really. Moxon was new to me. It was only 5’ off the ground. DX was dead here but bandwidth was absolutely unbelievable. Never seen anything like it.

At any rate, here is the SWR readings on my VNA. Matches my Mfj meter and the meter on my radio. Still hard to believe.

Attachments

• IMG_4946.jpeg
    IMG_4946.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1