• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 meter shenanigans

Captain is so right.
It will turn into a total cluster fluk on 146 if they try to make this fly( pun intended again)
Part of the reason that they got away with this move on 220 was that the band was not utilized like it should have been.
This is a real problem we have as hams, we start to take frequency spectrum for granted and don't make good use of it like we should.
But in the case of 2 meters I think there is enough activity to turn it into a disaster.
2 meter SSB.
I used to play on that mode.
14 elements on 2 meters is a very manageable antenna and lots of gain.
I have not done it for a few years now but there used to be plenty of contacts out here on the west coast.
Not sure about the level of activity now.
Jeff

I'm concerned with any proposal to remove amateur radio privileges from any frequency range, even if I don't operate on that band.
To me it's important to stand together and defend existing privileges. It can be a bad precedent if industrial or government groups start a frequency grab and don't get pushback.

We should offer a proposal to willingly surrender the frequency as long as they buy back all of the radio gear that operate on that band at 100% of the new retail price.
If they have to spend money to get it, it will stop them dead in their tracks.

If this proposal ever became law, I’m betting the airline industry won’t be using utilizing this new allocation. Collectively they have more brains than the few idiots flying gummy bears behind a desk. If it happens, I fear it will be split up and given to other entities before the ham community is able to reclaim it. Ever hear UPS on 220? You won’t, but other commercial services quickly took up residence. Money rules! Unless the hams can at least match or overtake all the lobbying funds if and when that feeding frenzy ever occurs, we lose.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?