• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 pcs. IMAX 2000?

Red Ranger

Aug 16, 2008
My neighbor has a old IMax 2000 up for years, it's a two piece unit. All the new Imax'es today are three piece.

When they change?

My neighbor has a old IMax 2000 up for years, it's a two piece unit. All the new Imax'es today are three piece.

When they change?

Most likely when UPS/USPS and FedX raised the shipping rates for over size packages which was about 5 to 6 years ago.

I bought one may years ago. It's a 2 piece version which I painted olive drab right out of the box. It's peobably seen about 5 total years in the air and is still holding up. No signs of wear exept a little of the paint scraped off in places, but that's an easy fix.

Fiberglass antennas beat the pants off aluminum ...and they won't bend if dropped or in a wind or ice storm. For local CB use I would recommend one. A simple wire dipole still out performs the vertical though on 10 meters when there's a band opening.

Fiberglass antennas beat the pants off aluminum ...and they won't bend if dropped or in a wind or ice storm. For local CB use I would recommend one. A simple wire dipole still out performs the vertical though on 10 meters when there's a band opening.

really ?

I've never seen a two piece Imax 2000 made by Solarcon at least. Are you guys sure the antenna is not a S/P Big Stick or Super Big Stick?

there has never been a 2 piece IMAX 2000.

IMAX 2000's are 24' long. thats two 12' pieces. what manufacturer in their right mind would design an antenna that ships in 12' lengths?

methinks these gentlemen are mistaken.
my guess is they are talking about "big stik" antennas.
LC

:oops: Hey thats ok but if that Imax is ever hit by lightning you can get these guys all in an uproar and post that your neighbors Imax is a 20 piece :love::bdh::eek:;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.