• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

20 meter Delta Loop

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I have an old LDG 4:1 balun that was part of a tuner promotion years ago. Had plans for it, but never got around to it. Got bored today and decided to build a Delta loop for 20 meters.

I have a fan dipole for 10, 15 and 20, up around 30'. I've always been happy with it on 20. I chose to keep the same polarity so I could compare them. The loop is quieter than the dipole. I didn't expect it to be so usable on 6, 10, 11. Even 40 was easily tamed with my tuner.

Thinking of taking the dipole down and replacing it with a 10 meter loop. My new little NanoVNA was very useful today. I built a 6 meter loop many years ago. I remember it performing well. I wish I had done this sooner. I might run the loop vertical, just to see how it compares. Started getting cold and dark, so I quit.

I used to run a pair of co phased delta lops on 17 meters, compared to my yagi which had 3 active elements the receiving station could not tell any difference in signal strength.
yagi was at 70 feet AGL the delta loops at 30 feet AGL.
got to enjoy the wires a lot of fun to play with.

Reactions: Mudfoot
I have a pair of Phased Delta Loops for 80 meters. I'm using this phasing box from Array Solutions. https://www.arraysolutions.com/antennas-phasing/as-2l-80

Amazing what I can work compared to the inverted L I used to use or a single delta loop.

The antennas are oriented so I can focus my signal north east, south west, or North/South (when they are in Phase). I can work JA, VK, and ZL every morning from the east coast.

I'm finishing up the install on a pair of phased inverted L's for 160. Going to put them to work in this weekends CQ WW CW contest.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?