• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2022 Surburban antenna mount options

Hairball

May 19, 2020
Indiana
I just picked up a 2022 Surburban. I've been looking at antenna mount options. I really don't want to drill a hole in the roof or run a magnetic. The underhood bracketoptions are limited at best. Any thoughts would be great. Thank you in advance.
Harry

You have about covered it.
A lip mount like a diamond K400 3/8 mount will hold a fiberglass whip, I used to run a hustler CG144 on one, it should hold a 3 foot fiberglass whip like a hotrod.
Got a luggage rack?

Jeff

I just picked up a 2022 Surburban. I've been looking at antenna mount options. I really don't want to drill a hole in the roof or run a magnetic. The underhood bracketoptions are limited at best. Any thoughts would be great. Thank you in advance
You have only the two choices. Attractive and ugly. A Stryker SR-A10 which is in keeping with your $67k, after financing, boat. The SR-A10 will handle 5k watts, making full use of all that junk in the trunk, AND lights up when you Xmit. :)
Fugly option: Full and appropriately lengthened with spring, hitch ball carrier mounted, 102" Stainless Steel Whip; along with, Yellow tennis ball with smiley face, at rear window height. ;)

Last edited:
How would you mount it without holes or magnets?
Yes, that was the op he wants no drill, no mag mounts.
There are fender mounts used on pickups and vans, there are lip mounts like Diamond makes that have 3/8-24 threads.
K400-3_8C_L.jpg

And there are through the glass antennas.
My experience with the 2 meter models of on the glass antennas has not been anything great but they do work better than a rubber duck in the car....

Jeff

Last edited:
Yes, that was the ops post he wants no drill, no mag mounts.
There are fender mounts used on pickups and vans, there are lip mounts like Diamond makes that have 3/8-24 threads.
View attachment 60125

My experience with the 2 meter models of on the glass antennas has not been anything great but they do work better than a rubber duck in the car....

Jeff
Yes, but those aren't typically considered "ball mounts."

The name on the other hand is marketing genius. Put a 5,000 watt antenna on a Super Gainer lip mount and you'll be gettin' out like a boss!

Yes, that was the op he wants no drill, no mag mounts.
View attachment 60125

Jeff
Diamond Super Gainer ++
Now there is an "attractive" alternative! That will work for me!
Certainly not your typical Fugly fender mount.

338 said: "The name on the other hand is marketing genius. Put a 5,000 watt antenna on a Super Gainer lip mount and you'll be gettin' out like a boss! " Excellent idea. A-10 antenna is similar in appearance to A-10 aircraft Gatling gun.

I didn't read of absolutes in the original post, preferences only.

Last edited:
I was hoping there is a good bracket that mounts off a fender or hood hinge bolt that won't scratch the fender or hood paint.

I do not have crossbars on the luggage rack.

A trailer hitch mount for a 102" whip is just to ugly.

The Super Gainer mount is interesting. About the only place on the Suburban to mount it would be the rear edge of the hood on the drivers side. The cowl cover curves in on the driverside just enough where that mount may work. The hood is made out of aluminum/composite so I would need to run a ground wire.

right channel radios
call 866 931 8230 9 am mst monday through thursday.
i needed an odd mount. they actually had what i needed shipped it quickly. they possibly got what you need if anybody does.

I took a look at the ‘22 ’Burban photos and you have a lot of challenges. There doesn’t appear to be any metal body panels around the windows or rear window, and there is an air dam of sorts that extends over the rear gate, that can create an interference with a vertical antenna element mounted along the rear gate. The Diamond K400 mounts want to be slipped over metal body panels, and I don‘t see many good options for you.

If you have a steel roof, a magmount may be your only option, other than a front fender mount.

You can look into some of the roof rack mounts made by Comet and Diamond. If you are going to install a CB antenna, I don’t know how well those mounts would work because you really want the vehicle to be the other half of the antenna, and many roof racks are insulated from the body.

I had a 2000 Suburban 2500, and it had barn doors !!! (and a 6.0 liter Vortec with a 4L80E trans) That is what you want. I ran a Yaesu ATAS-120A off a K400 mount on the rear barn door, a Wilson 1000 through the roof mount on the roof, and an NMO through the roof mount for V/Uhf. That thing was a killer rolling shack. You also have to ground/bond the snot out of it if you want it to work.

And I had that truck when former President Obama hit us with $4.50/gal gas, and I survived. Funny how these democrats love to say they hate fossil fuels, but give oil companies the best opportunity to make profit. Hmmmm….

Reactions: undertaker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated