• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2022 Surburban antenna mount options

It's looking like I will have to settle for a magnet mount. The roof is metal with no sunroof. Thank you all for your feedback.
did you call right channel radio? posted them but no reply.kinda makes me think nobody looks back

I also had some difficulty finding a mount that actually fit my 2015 Silverado. Most mounts are listed from 2010-2018, but I knew this made no sense because the body style changed in 2007 and changed again in 2014. I found a mount from Rugged Radios that fits the truck perfectly and came drilled for 3/8 NMO instead of regular 3/4 NMO. I checked and unfortunately don't see one listed for your Burb. You may have some more luck finding a 3/4" NMO mount as NMO is widely used by military, police, fire, and other municipal agencies. You can then use an NMO to 3/8x24 adapter, which is readily available. Good luck with your search.

Reactions: Rwb
I did speak with Right Channel. At this point in time my only real option is going with a magnet mount on the center of the roof. No one has made a Suburban/Tahoe exclusive mount as of yet. As more Suburbans are made there will be a mount, just not at this time.

• Wow
Reactions: Rwb
I did speak with Right Channel. At this point in time my only real option is going with a magnet mount on the center of the roof. No one has made a Suburban/Tahoe exclusive mount as of yet. As more Suburbans are made there will be a mount, just not at this time.
wow must be big change from gm.usually r.c. has the mount for anything

I know your dead opposed to it, but I've drilled many holes in a new roof. Even traded those cars in. They make a rubber hole plug, that is practically flush to the roof. I've never had a dealer look at the roof once. I suppose if its a lease or something maybe that's a concern. If you plan on keep the vehicle for a long time, then drill a hole, so much more cleaner of an install.

I know your dead opposed to it, but I've drilled many holes in a new roof. Even traded those cars in. They make a rubber hole plug, that is practically flush to the roof. I've never had a dealer look at the roof once. I suppose if its a lease or something maybe that's a concern. If you plan on keep the vehicle for a long time, then drill a hole, so much more cleaner of an install.
wow.i been told that.im not up to boring holes in my vehicle and id say he isnt either.im using mag mounts on all my vehicles and no trouble in past years going back to cb days in the 70's
i bought a used pickup that had a hole drilled in the roof.i was always unhappy over that hole.

I thought about that. I have not found very much info on dropping the trim pieces to access under the headliner. There's also airbags in the side pillars and duct work under the headliner. I not completely opposed to it if I could find more info on removing the parts. Google has been minimal help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.