• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2030+ mosfet

You might check with TheRealPorkchop, he is a member here and bought 100 of them years ago. Might still have some. You can read here and just PM him.

Reactions: tunercars
You might check with TheRealPorkchop, he is a member here and bought 100 of them years ago. Might still have some. You can read here and just PM him.

sent not heard back

Every time Eric buys a batch of transistors and changes the type number markings it's a fixed supply. Pretty sure he is shopping around for a deal before buying a thousand or ten thousand parts or whatever "batch " size he favors. He doesn't own a semiconductor factory, he buys these parts on the wholesale brokerage market like any small manufacturer. But that product goes on the shelf and then out to the distributors as fast as possible. That's how he gets paid, after all.

I'll guess that the 2030, 2030+, and max mod are gone when they're gone. The supply of his parts is not so much a pipeline as a one-time stash. When they're gone, they're gone.

Unless someone hoards them.

Every time Eric buys a batch of transistors and changes the type number markings it's a fixed supply. Pretty sure he is shopping around for a deal before buying a thousand or ten thousand parts or whatever "batch " size he favors. He doesn't own a semiconductor factory, he buys these parts on the wholesale brokerage market like any small manufacturer. But that product goes on the shelf and then out to the distributors as fast as possible. That's how he gets paid, after all.

I'll guess that the 2030, 2030+, and max mod are gone when they're gone. The supply of his parts is not so much a pipeline as a one-time stash. When they're gone, they're gone.

Unless someone hoards them.

i understand that so what is the original part number or what is replacing them i was hearing the irfz24 would replace them with bias voltage set at 3.7 but instead of that i would like to find someone that has them and don't need or want them anymore

i understand that so what is the original part number or what is replacing them i was hearing the irfz24 would replace them with bias voltage set at 3.7 but instead of that i would like to find someone that has them and don't need or want them anymore
I don't believe they're irfz24n, that's what the rt1 is and they pop like fireworks. The 2030+ also a rebadged fet had a pretty good report on being pretty robust unlike the rt1. I eventually tried some but I never could get them to work correctly in a galaxy radio like @TheRealPorkchop stated so there must be something else needed to make then work well.
@TheRealPorkchop doesn't visit us very often but he does occasionally drop in, maybe you'll hear back from him soon

Reactions: tunercars
I don't believe they're irfz24n, that's what the rt1 is and they pop like fireworks. The 2030+ also a rebadged fet had a pretty good report on being pretty robust unlike the rt1. I eventually tried some but I never could get them to work correctly in a galaxy radio like @TheRealPorkchop stated so there must be something else needed to make then work well.
@TheRealPorkchop doesn't visit us very often but he does occasionally drop in, maybe you'll hear back from him soon
RT1's are Z24's. I haven't had them to pop except where they've been turned up beyond reason and had the living piss driven out of them or biased incorrectly.

2030's? Well, like said, they've not been made in years now. I might have some left out that pile I bought, I'll dig and look. People are being told there's a backorder/wait on the maxmod but that's a lie, it's readily available daily for purchase. I personally wouldn't waste my money on them, it's just a rebadge TIP36 in the larger case, curve tracer shows almost the same exact results at the 36.

Not sure what the 2030 actually was/is. Like the Water Boy told his momma about the gorilla that escaped from the zoo and punched him in the eye - the search continues.

thats what i was thinking too okay if anyone has a way to contact him outside here for me i would appreciate it

EDIT: i replied before i seen he replied

Last edited:
RT1's are Z24's. I haven't had them to pop except where they've been turned up beyond reason and had the living piss driven out of them or biased incorrectly.

2030's? Well, like said, they've not been made in years now. I might have some left out that pile I bought, I'll dig and look. People are being told there's a backorder/wait on the maxmod but that's a lie, it's readily available daily for purchase. I personally wouldn't waste my money on them, it's just a rebadge TIP36 in the larger case, curve tracer shows almost the same exact results at the 36.

Not sure what the 2030 actually was/is. Like the Water Boy told his momma about the gorilla that escaped from the zoo and punched him in the eye - the search continues.
understandable see i fully understand that some parts are better than others but like you said if things are set up correctly the parts are a lot less likely to blow i know they have not been made in a couple years but im sure people have some laying around i contacted HG and asked them what it would take to have them make a version of the 2030+ as they do make other finals/mosfets and im waiting to hear back and hope it has a good outcome im also trying to get ranger to reproduce the older CPU used in the amber face radios like galaxy saturn turbo 2990 2950 2970 Eagle 5000 witch could bring a lot of dead radios back to life not sure what will come of it but i would love to see it happen and i would greatly appreciate you looking to see if you still have some 2030+ mosfets

Reactions: 3Duce
understandable see i fully understand that some parts are better than others but like you said if things are set up correctly the parts are a lot less likely to blow i know they have not been made in a couple years but im sure people have some laying around i contacted HG and asked them what it would take to have them make a version of the 2030+ as they do make other finals/mosfets and im waiting to hear back and hope it has a good outcome im also trying to get ranger to reproduce the older CPU used in the amber face radios like galaxy saturn turbo 2990 2950 2970 Eagle 5000 witch could bring a lot of dead radios back to life not sure what will come of it but i would love to see it happen and i would greatly appreciate you looking to see if you still have some 2030+ mosfets
I actually have an OLD RCI 2950, amber face. have had it at least 35 years now. probably longer. I dont even remember when I got it. was looking for a small linear (250 to 400watt) for it, I have an old Silver Eagle 250 behind it now, its as old as the radio or older, they were both tuned to work together. got it back in the mid 80s. but its getting old and has issues. was looking for a replacement and found this forum. people have offered to buy it, asking if I wanted to sell it. I never gave it any thought.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.