• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

24volt cb radios

Jul 12, 2022
I have a 24v portable solar system,( mpp lv2424msd inverter 2 lifepo4 batts.2- 260watt panels) My New ,stock(not for long) Andy2 fcc works great when I hook it up , I have alot lower static in general,my squelch sounds much smoother, I heard voices clearer with much lower background static , than being hooked up to my car. Can anyone explain why? The only thing that has changed is I moved the pos. power leads from the car fuse box directly to my portable solar system which is not more than a half a foot away. I'm new and confused, hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: Enterprise312ok

For years, folks who have terrible vehicle noise coming down the antenna coax ask if a DC power-line filter will help. I tell them to start the motor, unplug the antenna coax, turn off the ANL and NB, then turn up the volume until they can hear noise. Now plug in the antenna and compare noise level.

Sounds to me as if your radio would have been hearing noise without the antenna. Mostly it's the other way around. Pulling the coax plug makes all the noise go away.

Makes it sound as if your inverter is well filtered.

For years, folks who have terrible vehicle noise coming down the antenna coax ask if a DC power-line filter will help. I tell them to start the motor, unplug the antenna coax, turn off the ANL and NB, then turn up the volume until they can hear noise. Now plug in the antenna and compare noise level.

Sounds to me as if your radio would have been hearing noise without the antenna. Mostly it's the other way around. Pulling the coax plug makes all the noise go away.

Makes it sound as if your inverter is well filtered.

Thanks for sharing bro.inverter works mint. I'm sure it's the car doing it.going to hook up directly to the battery, just have extend power wire.

Reactions: Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.