• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

25 and 26 MHz operators?

one thing i wonder about 26.285
according to HFUnderground that falls within 'Remote Broadcast Pickup (Studio Transmitter Link or STL)' service 25870 kHz to 26470 kHz, and 'Over the horizon radar' OTHR band (WRC allocation, may be secondary in some areas)
26200 kHz to 26420 kHz ranges. are we interfering with those services?

BTW i found this thread in a search, as i'm trying to figure out where to 'center' tune my antenna to include free/out-banding. i'm thinking the bottom of the 'uppers'?

i don't want to interfere with any allocated systems/services. i'm also keeping my power low. around 20W

38LSB is unusable when skip is rolling
/73

Reactions: Crawdad
There used to be a bunch of shrimp boats that operated right around 26.000 LSB during the last cycle.
I think they were out of Florida and we could hear them every day.
Have not heard anything of them this cycle.
And used to hear stations on 26.555 USB at times.

Jeff

Reactions: Back_Crick_Hobbies
BTW i found this thread in a search, as i'm trying to figure out where to 'center' tune my antenna to include free/out-banding. i'm thinking the bottom of the 'uppers'?
I tuned an inverted V for 27.500 and worked a big chunk of Europe and the Carib on .555 USB on 90w. Had a lot of fun and rarely went back to the .385 zoo. The operators there were just about the same as working 10m. No music, sirens or Tarzan, only the occasional Roger beep and no pissing contests. And the Splatter Kings never splattered that far up.

7 3

I tuned an inverted V for 27.500 and worked a big chunk of Europe and the Carib on .555 USB on 90w. Had a lot of fun and rarely went back to the .385 zoo. The operators there were just about the same as working 10m. No music, sirens or Tarzan, only the occasional Roger beep and no pissing contests. And the Splatter Kings never splattered that far up.

7 3
many thanks. i'll probably tune around there as well. seems like 27.420 - 27.505 LSB are popular here in the Colonies. a lot of the European calling frequencies are using FM, but i'm guessing if they want to do DX they'll use SSB.

i don't want to highjack the thread. so... are there any 'lowers' frequencies y'all are using these days?

cheers & 73

Reactions: Crawdad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?